• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Guu Guu Dolls

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daxomni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:56 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
I personally have not had good experiences with ferrets in anime. They almost always end up being really irritating, and the one in Popotan made me want to roast it on a spit.

Wow, that's cold. There are plenty of things in Popotan that were over-the-top, but the ferret?! Of all the things to be annoyed by, I wouldn't have guessed it would be that.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:
SakechanBD wrote:
I personally have not had good experiences with ferrets in anime. They almost always end up being really irritating, and the one in Popotan made me want to roast it on a spit.

Wow, that's cold. There are plenty of things in Popotan that were over-the-top, but the ferret?! Of all the things to be annoyed by, I wouldn't have guessed it would be that.

See, I *love* animals. And if they made an entire series with nothing but ferrets eating strawberries, I'd be in heaven. But the whole diving-in-breasts thing was just really gross. The cow udders really ruined the ferret for me.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Samurai-with-glasses wrote:
Ranma824 wrote:
I'd classify it more as a "guilty pleasure" anime show then a "Top 5" show to reccomend.
Haha, I've got to agree. I have no desire to rate it as a masterpiece that it certainly is not but, dangit, I actually had fun! Shocked

At least, I liked some moments of it, especially on episode 24 (I haven't read the manga that far: did those things really happen or, as my seventh sense tell me, those are alternate storylines exclusively anime so to end it somehow?) at the end. I guess the girl's action touches my cruel streak well. You deserve that, timid indispensible silent cute shy character girl! Razz

The ending sucks, though. They should've spoiler[left Asuna dead] for a great irony.

Exclusive to the anime. Frankly, I find the manga much better as the story progresses. The anime feels kinda... watered down. Awesome packaging on the LE version though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:02 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I suspect FUNI put 6 episodes on the first disc to get to some more plot oriented episodes quicker, but I could be wrong. I've only seen the first episode so I don't know how far 6 episodes goes. It is still a weird episode count though. At first I thought they were going to do another Fruits Basket type release (24-26 episode series on 4 discs) until I noticed that the second volume only had 4 episodes.

Honestly, I lean towards the thought that FUNI wants to get this entire series out before the next animated form of Negima! is out in Japan (who's doing that again?) But if they wanted to do that, they would've gone the Fruits Basket route...but I suspect that Negima! has potential to make more money as a 6-disc release. (must have teh munny!)
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I believe Studio SHAFT is doing the new Negima series, but I could be wrong.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:51 am Reply with quote
Samurai-with-glasses wrote:
At least, I liked some moments of it, especially on episode 24 (I haven't read the manga that far: did those things really happen or, as my seventh sense tell me, those are alternate storylines exclusively anime so to end it somehow?) at the end. I guess the girl's action touches my cruel streak well. You deserve that, timid indispensible silent cute shy character girl! Razz
AFAIK, episodes 23-26 were pretty much an anime invention to provide some sort of ending for the series. And in a way, I appreciate them for doing that, because it's more worthwhile IMO to have a made-up, conclusive ending than to have an ending so faithful to the manga that it basically says, "Sorry, anime's over, go read chapter 59 of the manga and keep on buying if you want to continue."

/me needs to read more of the manga. *makes plans to score Negima volumes at "we don't want to take stock home" desperation dealers' sale prices at a con this weekend*

Episode 24 was pretty powerful, honestly, especially in the scenes at the beginning spoiler[that showed Class 2-A crying at Asuna's funeral and trying to "keep it together" in class. I feel that's pretty realistic for schoolchildren who suddenly lose a classmate to death.] Other parts for me that made the series worth buying were episode 15 and 19, which I've probably mentioned on a thread similar to the "Trying not to Cry " thread at some point.
biliano

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:21 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I believe Studio SHAFT is doing the new Negima series, but I could be wrong.

No, you're right. Studio GAINAX and Studio SHAFT are producing the second Negima series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5