• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2006

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:02 am Reply with quote
And the first panel is..... for yaoi. Sad

Here is something interesting for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya fans. Apparently, this poster has been spotted at Otakon.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:08 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Here is something interesting for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya fans. Apparently, this poster has been spotted at Otakon.

Do you know you have done? Now there is going to a swarm of Haruhi Suzumiya fans screaming and yelling.......Just kidding guys. Anyways I would what company that is for? Panel 4? I am not sure what that mean perhaps someone at Otakon would be able to help.....but if Melancholy is announced things are going to get really wild around here.....
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:09 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

This looks like an official poster in English.. Woot! I can't read most of it though.

Panel 4 at 3:00 p.m. on August 6th would be the Kadokawa Pictures panel... I don't know if that helps at all though.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:20 am Reply with quote
The blog I found it on claimed it was an ADV films poster. I didn't see anything on the poster that showed ADV though.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:24 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
The blog I found it on claimed it was an ADV films poster. I didn't see anything on the poster that showed ADV though.

Their panel is right before the one mentioned on the poster.

If it is then I am very happy since it was who I was hoping for. I think they'll be able to pull it off, they seem to be very good with "crazy" series.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:27 am Reply with quote
If they got it, I would want them to do some Abenobashi-style "outtakes." God, those were hilarious.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:56 am Reply with quote
Here's the schedule PDF http://www.otakon.com/pdf/schedule-2006.pdf

Yes, it helps. Kadokawa Pictures is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya production studio in Japan (or one of them) and they are co-owned by a company that just signed a deal with ADV Films that gives ADV some cash infusion (check the news for July for more on that).

That said, the poster doesn't show ADV Films logo on it that I can see and the fact this is being publicized for their panel and not ADV's probably means something. Just what I guess we'll all find out about tomorrow Smile
icepick314

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:58 am Reply with quote
wasn't manga been licensed already?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:08 am Reply with quote
I don't think anyone has the manga nor the novels.

Oooo, that pic does peak my interest. I'm keeping this one under my radar until the official announcement comes (if there is any that is Surprised ).
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:12 am Reply with quote
While the only Haruhi I've seen was the parody on Phoenix Wright, I've heard more than good things about the series, and so I am very excited to see if it licensed over here. ADV would be a plus, since, as PantsGoblin put it, "they seem to be very good with 'crazy' series." (I assume you're talking about Excel Saga/Puni Puni Poemi, in particular) ^^
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:42 pm Reply with quote
The link for Broccoli doesn't take you to the report.

Edit:
Cool, it works now, thanks to ever fixed it.

Also is it just me or has ANN been moving at a snails pace for the last 2 days. Both the news side and the forums.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Also is it just me or has ANN been moving at a snails pace for the last 2 days. Both the news side and the forums.

No, it's not just you. It's most likely going slow because almost all of the main staff who run the site are over at Otakon right now.

And dang, why is all the good stuff that I like (School Rumble, Utawarerumono, and most likly Haruhi) getting licensed at Otakon as opposed to AX?

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
It's been slow for me as well. I don't know why, but I don't see how someone not being at their desk or whatever would cause the forums to slow down.

As for rumors... I'm sorry, but I just wanted to pass it on. I never said it was going to be licensed, just that there was an interesting poster going around at the convention.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Josh:Phoenix Wright is older than Haruhi.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
No, it's not just you. It's most likely going slow because almost all of the main staff who run the site are over at Otakon right now.

They must have unplugged half of the servers and took it with them Smile

It wasn't slow durring AX.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2