• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam 0083

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hagakure

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:38 am Reply with quote
I've noticed that there is no Japanese cast space for Gundam 0083. Why is that?

Sorry to be a pain.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:28 am Reply with quote
That's just because no one has bothered to enter the cast yet. Eventually, we'll add it ourselves if no one has done it yet. But the whole point of the encyclopedia is that you can add the staff/cast/whatever if it isn't present yet. You have to realize that most of the titles don't have much information yet for the simple reason that this is a HUGE task and we all have regular jobs that take time away from stuff like entering info in the encyc, writing articles or reviews, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bandman2k

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:25 pm Reply with quote
I also take it that you guys have to read through all the info everyone sends you before you can do anything about putting it up there.

I found that out when I was looking at the info for GTO. I've got the first 2 DVD's and am planning on getting the third and fourth when they got out. I was going to put in a description of the episodes for Disc Two but it said that only Personnel of ANN can do that.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:57 pm Reply with quote
bandman2k wrote:

I also take it that you guys have to read through all the info everyone sends you before you can do anything about putting it up there.

In this regard there are 3 basic types of information.
1) Items that can be added by anyone and are immediately visible
2) Items that can be added by anyone but must be aproved by ANN Staff
3) Items that can only be added by ann Staff.

Quote:

I was going to put in a description of the episodes for Disc Two but it said that only Personnel of ANN can do that.

Which is one of the reasons only ANN staff can add the plot summary. We save individual episode summaries for the Release DB and the reviews. The Encyclopedia entries only need a simple short description of the overall story.

The second reason that non-staff can't add comments, summaries and other similar types of text is that the general public can't be trusted to write something in decent English. I'm sure you could be trusted, but everyone?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:

That's just because no one has bothered to enter the cast yet.

I think he's asking because he's looking for the orange/white + sign so that he can add the stuff himself Smile

As soon as 1 piece of information is added in a given language (ie: English Licensor in Companies), the empty datatypes for that language (ie:Staff, Cast) will show up.

If they aren't there yet, all you have to do is select the item from the pull down menu. When one language is there, you can also click on the + sign then change the language to what you wanted.

Examples:

Method 1: (best illustrated in an anime that has no data, ie: anime#467 ) click on the pull down menu, select the type of info you want to enter (ie: Staff), click "I know This" then select the appropriate info, select the language (default Japanese) and click "verify information".

Method 2: (Best illustrated by Gundam 0083, anime#23 ) Click on the + beside "English Cast" then change the language to Japanese and enter a Japanese Cast member.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1