• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nodame Cantabile Drama

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:52 am Reply with quote
YES THANK YOU GOD!!!

I figured it was only a matter of time until they adapted Nodame into something.

However, I fear for the inevitable fakeness of any scene involving musical instruments, and of course the general fakeness of j-dramas.
hiimrisa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:31 am Reply with quote
Whoa. A Nodame Cantabile Drama. They've been doing a lot of dramas based on mangas recently. Anyways, I can't wait. I think it's going to be good.
molloaggie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:48 am Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
YES THANK YOU GOD!!!

I figured it was only a matter of time until they adapted Nodame into something.

However, I fear for the inevitable fakeness of any scene involving musical instruments, and of course the general fakeness of j-dramas.

I second you on that Patachu!

I'm a big fan of the manga and found the orchestra scene in volume 5 to be one of the most emotion and breathtaking moments ever written in a manga. I swear I could hear the music.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:58 am Reply with quote
The manga looks interesting from the ANN description. How come it never got an anime treatment?
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:38 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
The manga looks interesting from the ANN description. How come it never got an anime treatment?

The series is targeted at young women, and anime producers generally aren't interested in that demographic (most anime are based on properties for school-age kids/teens or older otaku men).

If there ever was a Nodame anime it'd probably run on the Noitamina programming block, home to series like Honey and Clover and Paradise Kiss.
Akukaze

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

The series is targeted at young women, and anime producers generally aren't interested in that demographic (most anime are based on properties for school-age kids/teens or older otaku men).

If there ever was a Nodame anime it'd probably run on the Noitamina programming block, home to series like Honey and Clover and Paradise Kiss.

According to AnimeNation, an anime actually has been announced, and it is going to run in the Noitamina block. It will air in January, and it's being produced by J.C. Staff. And if that's not enough for you, it seems Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge, a.k.a. Wallflower will also be adapted into a dram and anime. And like Nodame, the drama will air in October and the anime in January. It looks like the Nodame and Wallflower will be running back to back no less, since they're both set to premiere on October 16th on Fuji TV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gauss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Akukaze wrote:
According to AnimeNation, an anime actually has been announced, and it is going to run in the Noitamina block.

A drama and an anime!?!? That means... two soundtracks!

HALLELUJA!
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, I don't go to AN, so I didn't know.

If I mention that "gee there really ought to be a Yotsuba&! anime," will someone point out that it was announced like 2 weeks ago on Moon-Phase? Laughing
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Exellent. I'm shocked it took them this long. I'm excited for both series, though I too harbor a distrust of j-dramas, not to mention I can't imagine the music sequences, which were of great importance in the manga, will be replicated all that well in live-action TV. Anyways, can't wait.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I picked up the manga on a whim. I really enjoyed it. I'm not a huge fan of relationship / shojo / romantic comedy series, but something about this was fantastic.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote
This is interesting news, a TV drama. Will they actually go and get an orchestra for the musical parts? The main characters must play instruments as they do in the manga. What will they do? Plus there will be an animated series as well? The good news keep on pouring. For Nodame Cantabile, it gets the two for one deal. I like the manga and look forward to the animated series at least.
wuff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote
is it true that there will be a second session for Nodame Cantabile drama Question
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:21 am Reply with quote
This is old news, not a place for new discussion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1