• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga Review Floods

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:43 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Animanga still exist, or did up until one of the more recent Ghibli films at the very least. They take stills from the anime and add captions.

Given that most bookstores in my area either shut down or so, I personally wouldn't know myself. At one point, there were only two brick and mortar stores that sold books/manga; Borders and Atomic Comics, but both went out of business and the rest of the bookstores in area followed suite or moved.

This much I remember though, animanga were more expensive than standard manga and while that is understandable, I am sure Viz Media and other companies found this more challenging to make money off these books.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:13 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
Do they make 'animanga' in Japan, too, or is that purely a thing done in the USA? I've always assumed that's just something done by American publishers, but thinking about it I'm not actually sure if that's true.

I have seen it done - the official V-Jump Digimon mooks had animanga versions of the movies that followed each series. I scanned in the Tamers one since, at the time, no-one in the West had actually seen it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote
I have Pokemon and Hamtaro ones, too. IIRC, the Pokemon is all of the movie shorts (Pikachu's Summer Vacation, etc) from the 1-6 or 7th movies. The Hamtaro one is the first movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2