• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: California's Japan Expo to Host Evangelion Designer Yoshiyuki Sadamoto

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, finally an con/expo I can go to where there are actually artists and such that are relevant to me! Time to bring a backpack of stuff to get signed!
Gilles Poitras

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote
Who knows I may attend.

I'll have to check the mass transit options to get there as the convention center is not all that far where I live in Oakland.
Donpablo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
Man, I knew I should have gone to this instead of going to the mess that was Fanime... Luckily I have I friend that lives and the area that's going to attend.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Donpablo wrote:
Man, I knew I should have gone to this instead of going to the mess that was Fanime... Luckily I have I friend that lives and the area that's going to attend.

How was Fanime a mess this year? I've been a couple times and it wasn't bad (only went one day), but I've heard a fair share of criticisms from people who stayed there longer.
Dfens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Now I have to go to this con, being a super big EVA fan just got to find something to get signed.

And yes Fanime was a f-ening nightmare! I waited 3.5 hours in line to get my badge while some friends who pre-registered and payed months in advanve waited a adverage of 6-8 hours in line.

That con really needs to hire professionals, but no the staff are idiots with a pile of excuses on why they screw up.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow... I know the wait times to get badges can be long, but THAT is just ridiculous... They really need a better system than that, including possible MAILING out the badges...
Dfens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Fanime refuses to Mail Badges even though people are willing to pay extra for the service of over nighting them. But the wise ones at Fanime refuse to do so because in their words they worry about counterfitting when they don't even check badges for most of the con.

The time I spent in line I could have just worked a few hours more at work to pay for the costs of mailing them and a fee.

This will be my first Japan Expo and if the lines are resonable I'll just skip Fanime next year and for the forseeable future. Their guests suck anyways.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
DAMN...... why so far....T-T, he is one of my most favorite character designers of all time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1