• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Trigger to Launch Kickstarter for New Little Witch Academia Episode

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
I'll support it, but I'm surprised they can't get support through traditional means to do a whole series.

I'm not. Triggers stuff is generally more noticed in America than Japan, so it makes sense they'd try for an American route.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how much it would take for one episode, I would really like to see this turned into a series..... but if they cant fund it as is then it will be complicated, they cant squeeze everything they need from kickstarter, best thing is hope kil la kil succeeds so they can do LWA just as well.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
vangelionite88 wrote:
I wonder how much it would take for one episode, I would really like to see this turned into a series..... but if they can't fund it as is then it will be complicated, they can't squeeze everything they need from kickstarter, best thing is hope kil la kil succeeds so they can do LWA just as well.

I would love for this to be a series, but I'd be all for supporting a kickstarter Smile
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
I'll support it, but I'm surprised they can't get support through traditional means to do a whole series.

I'm not. Triggers stuff is generally more noticed in America than Japan, so it makes sense they'd try for an American route.

Yeah, I haven't seen much interest in Trigger stuff from the Japanese sites I visit. Hell, some of them didn't even know what that Skeleton cop show (which I forget the name of) was when Yaraon was linking to /a/'s top shows of Winter.
jymmy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quote
This might wind up being the anime property I spend the very most on. I really hope it's a worthy successor to the first.
Momokochan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
BOOM MY MONEY IS SO READY
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:45 am Reply with quote
Will pledge.
reanimator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well one episode will not be enough this will need at less 26eps

They made fine 30 minute movie. Let Trigger take baby steps for financing their project.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:02 am Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well one episode will not be enough this will need at less 26eps

They made fine 30 minute movie. Let Trigger take baby steps for financing their project.

Also, Anime Mirai. Asking for an extensive production demonstrates, to myself, someone that is unfamiliar with the Young Animator Training Project.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:17 am Reply with quote
vangelionite88 wrote:
I wonder how much it would take for one episode, I would really like to see this turned into a series..... but if they can't fund it as is then it will be complicated, they can't squeeze everything they need from kickstarter, best thing is hope kil la kil succeeds so they can do LWA just as well.

Probably at least $400,000. They were given $480,000 as part of Anime Mirai 2013 (the annual Young Animator Training Project) to work with.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
That's what they were given, but I'm sure they can find ways to work decently on less, but not too much less if they want to keep the same dynamic animation going.

Even 12 episodes at $200k each is nearly two and a half million, forget about Kickstarting that in one go, let alone 26.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:59 am Reply with quote
Some of the work, pre-production, and expenses were already done for that one episode. A 2nd episode should not be expected to cost as much, unless they really want to up the ante on content.
jet_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:38 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm ready to pledge.
I just hope the pledges won't be too expensive.
I'd at least want some physical goods along with a CD of some sorts. Perhaps a poster or an artbook.

Always ready to support one of my favorite studios!
Momokochan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:37 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That's what they were given, but I'm sure they can find ways to work decently on less, but not too much less if they want to keep the same dynamic animation going.

Even 12 episodes at $200k each is nearly two and a half million, forget about Kickstarting that in one go, let alone 26.

People tend to forget that Homestuck ( a webcomic!) made the atonishing $2,485,506 for it's game. Not even an animation, or something the like. A game.
It would really not be hard to get 2mil for Little Witch.
reanimator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:45 am Reply with quote
Momokochan wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

People tend to forget that Homestuck ( a webcomic!) made the atonishing $2,485,506 for it's game. Not even an animation, or something the like. A game.
It would really not be hard to get 2mil for Little Witch.

I don't think it will be that easy. It's easier to raise a million for game than film or animation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4