• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sound Decision - MUCC + Nana Kitade Live

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Engrish at some of its finest...

So Nana Kitade didn't get much of a reception over here, eh? I can't blame the concert-goers. I don't like her songs, either.

But who is MUCC? Should I have heard of them before?
Steven Hammock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I love Ms. Kitade, but MUCC... not too big of a fan.

It sounds like they both deserved more attention than they got though.

BTW, MUCC is a fairly large Japanese rock band. I think they are still considered "underground" though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kensukeyura

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:02 am Reply with quote
Hahaha. This article really amused me; I was chuckling almost constantly. Good work!

I feel so very sorry for Nana. How I wish I could have been there - I would have been cheering her on to the max!! She has a great voice, great music, and great style. Kesenai Tsumi is one of my favorite songs. I've only heard one song by MUCC, which I thought was... good, but nothing special. Nana Kitade is the better of the two artists, IMO.

I wish a J-rock/pop artist would come to good old New York state. (Yeah, keep dreaming, kid!)
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:29 am Reply with quote
Depressing article. :lol: But I dislike Kitande and strongly dislike MUCC, so it's easy to see why.

That venue is too big for either act, and that probably really hurt the overall effectiveness of MUCC's stage antics. And MUCC....their general attitude is "(bleep) off." Dir en Grey can get away with it, but MUCC can't. And as for Nana Kitade, she's all about her image, and the actual music is pushed to the side.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
halochief_90

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:02 am Reply with quote
Yikes! I doubt they get reception like that in Japan (even if their performace wasn't perfect). Maybe American's are less tolerant?
hanachan01

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:08 am Reply with quote
I'm a huge Nana Kitade fan, so it was sad for me to hear her performance didn't go over well with the fans. It was hardly shocking though. Nana Kitade's music is guitar-driven pop, and she dresses in the Goth-Loli style, while MUCC is hard core metal. I have no interest to check out MUCC, since they sound to me like a less interesting/unique version of dir en grey.
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:01 am Reply with quote
Wow, hard-to-please much?

Nana Kitade steeled herself and gave an alright performance on Friday despite being jeered at with screams of "learn to play the guitar!" and such as well as the zero response of the audience. This was really rude on the part of the audience, but I also feel bad for Miss Kitade because all the things wrong with her set could've probably been traced back to her management or Otakon planners.

MUCC gave an awesome performance full of what I consider unrivaled charisma. And this is coming from someone who is a hardcore enough Dir en grey fan to have flown to Japan on two seperate occassions just to see them play. Consider that along with the fact that I didn't even like MUCC much when I first heard them, I think that should say something about the power of their performance! At the very least, they all come off as rather friendly, talented guys.

When it comes down to it, Otakon was wrong to schedule those two bands together. Couple the fact that both Kitade and MUCC have VERY different styles, the contrast in music tastes between the two fan bases are, in most cases, too much for the typical concert venue to endure without losing much of the crowd along the way.

I just hope that Tatsuro, Miya, Yukke, and Satochi, as well as Nana Kitade, had something resembling a good time during their visit. It would really suck if a couple badly planned concerts ruined the beginning of both parties careers in the U.S.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:08 am Reply with quote
evilnekohilda wrote:
despite being jeered at with screams of "learn to play the guitar!"

Seriously? That's just awful.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:19 am Reply with quote
wow, this concert seemed awful... she has nice legs though.
ASHTAR23

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:20 am Reply with quote
I agree with evilnekohilda.
Nana Kitade did an alright performance on friday night with the exception of getting her long hair stuck in the guitar.
though i was hoping to hear pureness from the beet anime. The songs she did sing though everyone seemed to be having a good time listening too as least from my vantige point from the left front of the stage as for MUCC i've never heard of them before and we only stayed to listen to a few songs not to bad. just not into that heavy metal as much as i use to be i guess
diedwater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:25 am Reply with quote
man...no wander why japanese musicians don't wanna come to us to play, because posers like u guys r over flowding everywhere. everytime some japanese musician come to us to play, all you close minded posers will jump up and pertending you know everything, but actually you really don't. if you guys have any common sense, you should know that before you can talk about something, you should at least know more about them. You guys talk like critics, which are the worst of all people. for an example, MUCC's new cd just came out, i bought it, I will listen to it carefuly, over and over again, slowly taste their music. but if you r a critic, what u do is, u get this cd, and u have no idea who the heck it is, u just listen thro it once, then write a 2 page long crap explan how you don't like it, wander why this days, critcs hardly like anything, u have to know one thing, rock music is for rock fans, not pop fans, and pop is not for metal fans neither. so if you r listen to something that u don't even like....whats the point, just so u can be cool, and come up here talk like u know everything, and be a poser like everyone else trash talk the band, is that the only why u can prove ur existens?....tsk tsk tsk...

america's way of "being a fan" is just way too screwed up for anything good to happen...untill u guys learned to be open minded and learned to accept things not just trash talk everything that u don't know a thing about.....i don't see u guys r getting anywhere...*sigh*
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:55 am Reply with quote
Wow, that's pretty bad to actually insult the performer on stage when she is not doing so hotly (Nana Kitade). If someone doesn't like it, then just leave. Stupid people...

And diedwater, please shut up, learn English, and then you can try again.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:07 am Reply with quote
diedwater wrote:
man...no wander why japanese musicians don't wanna come to us to play, because posers like u guys r over flowding everywhere. everytime some japanese musician come to us to play, all you close minded posers will jump up and pertending you know everything, but actually you really don't. if you guys have any common sense, you should know that before you can talk about something, you should at least know more about them. You guys talk like critics, which are the worst of all people. for an example, MUCC's new cd just came out, i bought it, I will listen to it carefuly, over and over again, slowly taste their music. but if you r a critic, what u do is, u get this cd, and u have no idea who the heck it is, u just listen thro it once, then write a 2 page long crap explan how you don't like it, wander why this days, critcs hardly like anything, u have to know one thing, rock music is for rock fans, not pop fans, and pop is not for metal fans neither. so if you r listen to something that u don't even like....whats the point, just so u can be cool, and come up here talk like u know everything, and be a poser like everyone else trash talk the band, is that the only why u can prove ur existens?....tsk tsk tsk...

america's way of "being a fan" is just way too screwed up for anything good to happen...untill u guys learned to be open minded and learned to accept things not just trash talk everything that u don't know a thing about.....i don't see u guys r getting anywhere...*sigh*

and people like you are the reason they look down on japanese artists.
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quote
JMays wrote:
evilnekohilda wrote:
despite being jeered at with screams of "learn to play the guitar!"

Seriously? That's just awful.

Yep, no joke. Apparently someone yelled at her in Japanese too... so I'm sure she got the message... *sighs* I felt so bad for her, I just wanted to give her a hug!!

[insert monter-gaijin-white-chick hug]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
diedwater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:30 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
diedwater wrote:

and people like you are the reason they look down on japanese artists.

people like me? what did i do? being open minded? u can't stand people who are open minded? so because people like us who are open minded, and "they"(americans) look down on japanese artist? maybe u should try to pull u head out of ur ass and sniff some fresh air for a change?

btw...just carious...why does animenewsnetwork talk about jrock? what do they have in common? japanese? it's no doubt that if u only like anime, and u will be a jpop fan...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4