• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Harder and Harder to find Manga

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah i got a haul of planetes 1-4 on ebay a lil while back for about £3 each but the last volume is a bugger to get and so its just another series on my shelf that most likely not be complete.

Learning to just accept it these days and just soldier on with what i can get forever keeping an eye open.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
manjiorin wrote:

...All for 2 dollars a piece. Very Happy This is the same store where I found the vast majority of PSME for 2 bucks a piece too. People have no idea what they're getting rid of!

Welcome!

And sometimes, they really don't: I've found some really cheap anime - some OOP at that - at anime con flea markets and such.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:45 am Reply with quote
I'm still trying to get a copy of The Voices of a Distant Star.. If anyone can help me out I would be really grateful!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tamaria

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:29 am Reply with quote
I think I know someone who wants to sell her copy. Would you be able to get that Kindaichi Case Files 7 for me in return? If not, we'll figure out a different trade, but Kindaichi 7 would be really awesome...

In any case, I'll contact her first to see if she still wants to sell it.

Edit: Annnnnnnnnnnnd, it's gone.

Sorry, she already sold Voices of a Distant Star.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:54 am Reply with quote
@Tamaria, thanks for trying!

You know what!? I think, I'm not completely sure though.. But I think at the used bookstore I go to there might be volume 7 of Kindaichi Case Files: Santa Slayings.. I was after Kindaichi before so I'm pretty sure they got volumes 1-7, missing only volume 4 which I bought.. So yeah if you are interested I could buy it for $6.. But expect it a little worn out and maybe yellowing of pages.. But we'll see since I never inspected it closely.. But I believe volume 7 is one of the volume they have..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tamaria

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:09 am Reply with quote
Some shelf wear or yellowed pages shouldn't be too bad, so that'd be nice. Do they also have volume 12? 7 and 12 are the only volumes I still need.

Is there anything you're looking for? Aside from Voices of a Distant Star?

I'm not sure I'd give up my extra copy 2001 Nights for just one used looking volume, but I'd gladly trade it for both. I also have an extra copy of Love Song. Something else is fine too, of course, if I can find it for a decent price Smile
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:38 am Reply with quote
just managed to get a copy of blade of the immortal 6 & 8 making my set go from 1-16 now. Im a late comer to the series so getting some of the early volumes has been sketchy but I've managed to snag loads of the later volumes for pennies so it works out i guess.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:03 am Reply with quote
oh and WARNING

Eyeshield 21 vol 33 is attracting price hikes on amazon uk so if you are collecting that series my advice is to grab it now while you can still get it for a reasonable price.
oriana3k

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Notice for anyone seeking With the Light, volume 5:there's a $14 copy on Amazon. The same copy is also listed on Bookcloseouts.com, which I believe offers cheaper shipping to Canada than Amazon does, if I'm reading their guidelines right.

ETA: Gone now.

Last edited by oriana3k on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
@Tamaria;

I'll be going to that used comic shop on Friday. I'll let you know if they happen to carry Volume 12 as well. But as I definitely recall they only have up to volume 7 but who knows they might have new addition since.i haven't been there for a month!

I think I'm good on Voices of a Distant Star.. But I'm not really sure since I happen to purchased one on eBay from Great Britain based seller.. So crossing my fingers they have it available..

Well I'm still looking for the final volume of The Name of the Flower & Town of Evening Calm Country of Cherry Blossoms. If anyone can help me out with that as well..

I also got these from the mail today! Got them both at the same time..

Now I only need to look out for A'A Prime..
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:44 pm Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Got excited for a moment there when i saw ai yori aoshi but it was 14.

The two biggest offenders on my Hitlist are GTO the early years vol.8 and Ai yori aoshi vol.16
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
One of these days someone is going to find a couple pallet loads of just GTO the early Years vol. 8. Probably in a warehouse previously used by Tokyo Pop.
perroloco

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:18 am Reply with quote
Guys just hang.. Never pay crazy amounts for.. never ever..

I remember I saw an auction on ebay, Gto early years 1-10.. I couldn't bid on it because of work.. The auction ended at $25 or so (certain it was less than $30)

They might ask for crazy prices but no one pays them.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:46 am Reply with quote
@chichiri - Well done on getting those 2. ^^ I may be able to find you a Town of Evening Calm next time I'm in Glasgow, if you're interested?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 41 of 76