• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Creamy Mami DVD Release Crowdfunding Reaches Goal

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:36 am Reply with quote
Guess Takeda's plea managed to help.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:40 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Guess Takeda's plea managed to help.
And this ad skin that hit CR a few days ago. I noticed the number of pledges went up by about 20 after that. Black Jack and Tobikage also got boosts, though not very significant.

Anyway glad to see this finally got funded, and something on Anime Sols finally succeeded. To think a week ago it looked like it'd fail for sure. But in less than a week, the number of pledges went up by about 80 (3 of which were $1,500 pledges, which definitely made it hitting the goal possible), and around $11,000 was raised.

I have to wonder how the other sets will go (I did hear they were going to be of lower cost), especially considering it took this much effort to get the first set funded.

Also New Yatterman is not currently funding. It failed to reach its goal about a day or so ago.

Last edited by BigOnAnime on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yamiangie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:41 am Reply with quote
Good now come one Black Jack!
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:55 am Reply with quote
Not my kind of anime, but I'm happy for it regardless.
partially

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:02 am Reply with quote
Given the title had to get an average of $100 per pledger (more than double the cost of the actual DVD box) to get past its goal, I can't really regard this as a success. Especially as this is only funding the first 13 episodes.

Now that same set of people have to put in a repeat performance three more times to get the entire show.

It will be interesting if they release the box through a retail chain like RightStuf in the future. At least then I might have a chance to get a copy given their stupid country restrictions.

Last edited by partially on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:14 am; edited 2 times in total
mgosdin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:08 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to see that this one Anime Sols release effort did work, the crowd funding concept has proven valid even when it isn't handled well.

Some serious soul searching needs to be done on how poorly the other release fundings have performed, I suspect it's already well underway.

Mark Gosdin
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:05 am Reply with quote
partially wrote:
Given the title had to get an average of $100 per pledger (more than double the cost of the actual DVD box) to get past its goal, I can't really regard this as a success. Especially as this is only funding the first 13 episodes.

That's how most crowdfunding works. It isn't just to preorder something, though that is certainly a part of it, but to be part of its production. Kick Heart, Time of Eve, Little Witch Academia all relied on a significant portion of their patrons willing to give much more than the sole cost of the main item. There are other rewards just for the patrons and those are part of the higher pledges too.

Quote:
It will be interesting if they release the box through a retail chain like RightStuf in the future. At least then I might have a chance to get a copy given their stupid country restrictions.

It's too bad about country restrictions, and I agree that it would be best if they can release via Rightstuf (without restrictions!) for wide distribution.
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:20 am Reply with quote
According to this information, only six months old, the average success rate from crowdfunding is about 44%. Given that the secret of crowdfunding is, well, the crowd, the fact that of this time only 206 people have donated is a pretty bad sign. I am extremely conflicted -- I would love to get me some Mami, but at the same time I want it all. I would rather have no Mami at all then a incomplete collection. Well, I'll see. If it looks like the second season will repeat the success, I'll invest, but until then...
SnowMusket

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:23 am Reply with quote
I wonder if something happened. The crowdfunding page now says it is at $14915 with 176 pledgers.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 am Reply with quote
SnowMusket wrote:
I wonder if something happened. The crowdfunding page now says it is at $14915 with 176 pledgers.

Just a bug... Well, a feature I guess.

When it started charging everyone's credit cards there was a significant amount of declines or incorrect info and anything that didn't go through immediately was switched to "failed" temporarily which caused the total to drop.

I fixed it. Everyone will get a chance to fix their payment info.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
SnowMusket wrote:

I don't see that now, but I think what happened is that a number of people changed their pledges since I noticed the $500 and $1500 level changed. To change a pledge, you have to cancel your current one, which subtracts from the goal, before re-adding your new pledge.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
SnowMusket wrote:

When it started charging everyone's credit cards there was a significant amount of declines or incorrect info and anything that didn't go through immediately was switched to "failed" temporarily which caused the total to drop.

I just noticed my pledge is gone.. There is nothing under Support Status.
A few hours ago I went through with changing my pledge so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Should I repledge?
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:52 am Reply with quote
Congrats! The CR ad was a great idea.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
samuelp wrote:
SnowMusket wrote:

I just noticed my pledge is gone.. There is nothing under Support Status.
A few hours ago I went through with changing my pledge so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Should I repledge?

I'm looking into it now but there seems to be a bug that affected about ~30 of the pledges where the credit card information was not sent to the credit card service provider. I'm looking into it now.

But all you need to do if your pledge is gone and not showing "paid" in your support status, please repledge for the package you want and it should work fine.
SnowMusket

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:58 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
SnowMusket wrote:

I am so relieved! I pledged a long time ago, really wanted it, but didn't expect it to be funded it. I was so happy that it was the magical girl series to be successfully funded first, that seeing the drop of $4,000 almost sent me into despair. Thanks for saying it was a bug/feature and fixing it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3