• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New YTV Friday Lineup This Fall

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolGAL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Ok this seems good but if only if someone would reaplace monster warrior and Justice league and Dark oracel with i don't know more Bleach And Eureka 7 this would be the perfect line up but right now the lineup looks good Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow I am surprized E7 is so early, you think they would have put a live-action whatever in there instead, being a prime slot and all. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonlord

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote
boo no more "case closed?"

ah well anything is better then the "live" shows they have right now (shudders)
potassium

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote
wow, this is actually a really awesome line-up.

it's actually good i don't get this channel. i'd cease to function.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm fine with it. It sucks that Case Closed is MIA at the moment, though.

So, in a nutshell:

- New GX eps.
- New One Piece eps. Surprised
- YTV will finish airing the Zatch Bell eps they have left. Still too early to tell if they got anymore, though.
- YTV is apparantly airing the YGO Capsule Monsters series, but during the repeat slot. =\ What the heck? (I still need to confirm this though.)
- YTV will finish airing the Pokemon eps they have left. Very Happy
Someone_II

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Wow I am surprized E7 is so early, you think they would have put a live-action whatever in there instead, being a prime slot and all. Neutral

Not really sure why, but that (in my memory anyways) has never been a practice for YTV on friday nights. Actually, if memory serves, Bionix (9:00 PM - 2:00 AM) is one of the best rated blocks on the network. Not only that but YTV has no (as far as I know) current/recent(last 2 years) live action programs with any appeal to the Bionix target audience (12-17*).

*why they tried to market GitS to that audience, we'll never know.
tripperdan99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Nice line up, hope they don't butcher Bleach too much.
Tenka-Ichi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

Not really sure why, but that (in my memory anyways) has never been a practice for YTV on friday nights. Actually, if memory serves, Bionix (9:00 PM - 2:00 AM) is one of the best rated blocks on the network. Not only that but YTV has no (as far as I know) current/recent(last 2 years) live action programs with any appeal to the Bionix target audience (12-17*).

*why they tried to market GitS to that audience, we'll never know.

Whether they have live action shows with any appeal to the 12-17 year old audience or not is irrelevant seeing as how Bionix was created for animated shows aimed at that audience.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote
As I feared, Case Closed is gone. Crying or Very sad And I missed last week's episode, which could be the final one YTV airs.

But there's no way that Zatch Bell possibly got better ratings. Maybe when there done with those episodes though, maybe they'll put CC back up...
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote
tripperdan99 wrote:
Nice line up, hope they don't butcher Bleach too much.

Umm, why would Bleach be butchered? It's airing on Adult Swim in the US, so it will almost definitely be uncut.
Someone_II

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote
tripperdan99 wrote:
hope they don't butcher Bleach too much.

Why do people, even now, keep thinking that's going to happen? It's airing on [as] with a TV-14-VL and Canada's ratings are even looser (though it'll still probably be 14+) Even if there are some [very slight] edits on [as] YTVs will allmost undoubtedly be completly uncut.

Tenka-ichi wrote:

Whether they have live action shows with any appeal to the 12-17 year old audience or not is irrelevant seeing as how Bionix was created for animated shows aimed at that audience.
If it was created for animated shows aimed at 12-17 year olds, what the hell are monster warriors doing there? That show has no appeal to the target demographic and is live action. They could at least put some canadian animations geared towards that age group to fill their CanCon quota.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Lucky Canada. I get the American AdultSwim, but we get our anime in crap timeslots in the middle of the night. Sad

I wish YTV would air in the US. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Someone_II

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:46 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Lucky Canada. I get the American AdultSwim, but we get our anime in crap timeslots in the middle of the night. Sad

I wish YTV would air in the US. Smile

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, isn't it Laughing . For years so many Canadians have been saying the same about getting CN up here (though I never though I'd hear it the other way arround). Canada my not have as much anime on the airwaves as the US, but the little we have is generally more accessable here.

As a patriot (though not as much since the Harper regime began) I'm perfectly happy with YTV.
Mini_Alquemist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Indeed YTV is doing a nice job Very Happy
Hope it keeps up Wink
Tenka-Ichi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
Tenka-ichi wrote:

If it was created for animated shows aimed at 12-17 year olds, what the hell are monster warriors doing there? That show has no appeal to the target demographic and is live action. They could at least put some canadian animations geared towards that age group to fill their CanCon quota.

Exactly. It shouldn't be there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2