• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Garden of Words, Berserk, Kick-Heart Win at Montreal's Fantasia Fest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
I'm glad Kick-heart is getting recognition. I just got my backer's poster in the mail, can't wait to frame it. The animation is really expressive and loose in a way I really like.
I haven't seen any of the Berserk anime yet, since I've already read the manga so I know what will happen, so it's not high on my priorities. I have the dreamcast game , though....
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
I don't mean to sound ridiculous at all, but I'm assuming that having your location set to Misawa means that you're from Japan. I wasn't aware that the Berserk game came out for Sega Dreamcast anywhere outside of Japan, which is why I was curious. I'm a Sega Dreamcast collector, which is why I was interested in your comments.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm envious of my home town (er, city). A lot of titles shown at this year's fest that I would have liked to have seen. At least the four titles I'm most interested in...Garden of Words, 009 Re: Cyborg, Berserk Golden Age Arc II and III...are slated for North American releases and have already been released or will be released in the near future.
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote
When the Secret World of Arrietty got a fairly wide release in North American theatres I was lucky that one cinemaplex in my area played the film. That being said, there was only one theatre that did and we usually get nothing but the latest blockbuster Hollywood movies here. That means that we didn't even get From Up on Poppy Hill when it came out. To see any of the titles you just mentioned would be nothing short of a small miracle.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1