• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Memorandum: Rejected Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shonen Bat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
What should be added to the enclyclopedia as "Not anime but related" is Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island. While not even remotely "anime style" in appearance, today's episode was a parody of Final Fantasy 7.

Yeah. Great idea. While we're at it let's add South Park becuase they did a parody of what appeared to be Dragonball Z and Naruto.*sarcasm* One parody means nothing. Besides Final Fantasy 7 is a GAME, NOT an anime. Also, no one over the age of 10 watches Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island.

On another note

Why add Tiny Toon Adventures and Ben 10? They have nothing to do with anime and are 100% American, so what's up with that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hanachan01

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:13 am Reply with quote
Can light novel series that were made into anime and/or manga like Full Metal Panic, NHK, and Haruhi Suzumiya go into 'Not Anime/Manga But Related'?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:57 am Reply with quote
hanachan01 wrote:
Can light novel series that were made into anime and/or manga like Full Metal Panic, NHK, and Haruhi Suzumiya go into 'Not Anime/Manga But Related'?

As far as I know, there's no plan for related light novels to be included in the Encyclopedia yet. Same for computer/video games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shonen Bat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I forgot about the Pokemon episode. The one where the kids became addicted to Chinpokomon. Anyway my idea of adding South Park was supposed to be a joke now I'm sorta thinking it SHOULD be added.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Shonen Bat wrote:
I forgot about the Pokemon episode. The one where the kids became addicted to Chinpokomon. Anyway my idea of adding South Park was supposed to be a joke now I'm sorta thinking it SHOULD be added.

Absolutely not. Even if it did parody anime, no. It is clearly made by Americans in the United States which classifies it as an American cartoon.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Jaadowgg wrote:
Shonen Bat wrote:
Wolverine Princess wrote:
What should be added to the enclyclopedia as "Not anime but related" is Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island. While not even remotely "anime style" in appearance, today's episode was a parody of Final Fantasy 7.

Yeah. Great idea. While we're at it let's add South Park becuase they did a parody of what appeared to be Dragonball Z and Naruto.*sarcasm* One parody means nothing. Besides Final Fantasy 7 is a GAME, NOT an anime. Also, no one over the age of 10 watches Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island.

LOL! Laughing On a serious note I totally agree.

Yeah, I think my brain must have been shut off when I wrote that. Anime dazed
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:37 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
hanachan01 wrote:

As far as I know, there's no plan for related light novels to be included in the Encyclopedia yet. Same for computer/video games.

I don't see why we can't at least state that they exist, as is done with VG credits for seiyuu?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I don't see why we can't at least state that they exist, as is done with VG credits for seiyuu?

You can submit name(s) of "original creator" and put "novel" in the precision box.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:03 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:

You can submit name(s) of "original creator" and put "novel" in the precision box.

Or put "original novel" as the task.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quote
UPDATE: Anyone who attempts to add a Gorillaz music video will be hearing from us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:02 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
UPDATE: Anyone who attempts to add a Gorillaz music video will be hearing from us.

Shocked Somebody actually tried to do that? Maybe something American that's anime looking but that?!
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:

Shocked Somebody actually tried to do that? Maybe something American that's anime looking but that?!

Believe me, there are people out there that will attempt to add anything on the Encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:33 am Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
fighterholic wrote:

Believe me, there are people out there that will attempt to add anything on the Encyclopedia.

But Interstella 5555 is okay, right?
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
But Interstella 5555 is okay, right?

Absolutely, as it was animated by Toei and directed by Leiji Matsumoto.
thecactusman17

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quote
Can we suggest American animation works with unusually strong ties to American releases of anime or the source material of that anime? A number of actors in the Avatar show, for example, have connections to the english dubs of existing anime and anime-related video game adaptations. Mark Hamill, for example is the English dub narrator of IGPX and plays Fire Lord Ozai in the other series. Dee Bradley (Appa and Momo, the animal mascots in ATLAB) is the video game English voice of Joe, from the game Viewtiful Joe. Mako played a character in the live action (1995) adaptation of Crying Freeman.

Not demanding, not even requesting, just trying to get clarification on what's allowed in this category.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7