• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - October 6th - October 13th

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quote
For those who can handle major spoilers the Adult Swim episode guide for Trinity Blood has them for episodes up through 20
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/trinity/eg.html

I couldn't believe they got that carried away with the spoilers but they did. So if anyone reading this doesn't want to be totally spoiled for this series, skip following that link.
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:38 am Reply with quote
Why is Cartoon Network always replaying FLCL during sweeps periods? I'm also quite a bit surprised at what CN is allowing in Naruto. But I guess the Toad Sage is no worse than some of the other lechers in anime. Compared to them, he's actually pretty tame (Miroku, anyone?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote
I have to wonder how the ratings are doing for Razer in their anime block. Their timetables for airing and re-running the shows are a little odd and I don't know if everyone knows if it exists yet. Maybe they will continue playing other anime if the ratings are pretty good though?
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
Why is Cartoon Network always replaying FLCL during sweeps periods? I'm also quite a bit surprised at what CN is allowing in Naruto. But I guess the Toad Sage is no worse than some of the other lechers in anime. Compared to them, he's actually pretty tame (Miroku, anyone?)

Probably because FLCL brings in the ratings when it is on.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:
Zac wrote:

I think like 90 percent of the people who watch the show would disagree with you pretty strongly.

Key words: "watch the show [on a regular basis]". Of course my views are going to clash with the fans; I'm speaking to the occasional browsers, not the folks who make up "popular fandom".

Who would actually watch an anime in the middle of the series before seeing the previous episodes, though?

rocklobster wrote:

Because FLCL pwns.

And I'm not surprised about Naruto, but instead I'm pleased. The Naruto airings on Cartoon Network have been getting better and better, and now especially with a Japanese opening song!
redcomet15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Who would actually watch an anime in the middle of the series before seeing the previous episodes, though?

Plenty of people. People like me, for example. Although I can't speak for everyone, I can say that in my case, I don't follow any of the shows on Adult Swim on a regular basis. However, if I have nothing better to do and I want to enjoy some escapist entertainment, I'll tune into Adult Swim and check out what's playing. It doesn't matter that I have no idea what's happened in the last 25+ episodes of a series; all that I care about is mellowing out in front of the TV to some crazy Japanese cartoon filled with over-the-top fighting and dialogue that doesn't make me think too hard.
I imagine that a good percentage of Adult Swim's audience feels the same way as me.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote
redcomet15 wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

Plenty of people. People like me, for example. Although I can't speak for everyone, I can say that in my case, I don't follow any of the shows on Adult Swim on a regular basis. However, if I have nothing better to do and I want to enjoy some escapist entertainment, I'll tune into Adult Swim and check out what's playing. It doesn't matter that I have no idea what's happened in the last 25+ episodes of a series; all that I care about is mellowing out in front of the TV to some crazy Japanese cartoon filled with over-the-top fighting and dialogue that doesn't make me think too hard.
I imagine that a good percentage of Adult Swim's audience feels the same way as me.

It may be hard to believe how foreign an idea that is to me, but it is REALLY REALLY hard to understand. Sorry, but I guess that's just how I am. I don't like wasting time watching something I don't understand.

Oh, and Cartoon Network's and Adult Swim's anime are almost all that I follow. I hardly ever have any money left over after video games. ^^
halochief_90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
redcomet15 wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

It may be hard to believe how foreign an idea that is to me, but it is REALLY REALLY hard to understand. Sorry, but I guess that's just how I am. I don't like wasting time watching something I don't understand.
See, that's the thing about TV. While anime is the sort of show you have to watch more regularly than most TV shows, it's really hard to watch every week for some people. Sometimes you got to go away for a few weeks, or you work nights, and given that anime is a growing medium, people have no choice to jump in to anime if they want to start watching a show. Especially for a long running show like Bleach, I think the creators expect more people to come and go during it's long run.

I myself jumped in late to Naruto and Inyasha, and I didn't feel confused at all after 4 or 5 episodes.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:10 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
redcomet15 wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

See, that's the thing about TV. While anime is the sort of show you have to watch more regularly than most TV shows, it's really hard to watch every week for some people. Sometimes you got to go away for a few weeks, or you work nights, and given that anime is a growing medium, people have no choice to jump in to anime if they want to start watching a show. Especially for a long running show like Bleach, I think the creators expect more people to come and go during it's long run.

I myself jumped in late to Naruto and Inyasha, and I didn't feel confused at all after 4 or 5 episodes.

Well, if you can't see it, just tape it record it in some way. That's what I do.

And I also started watching Inuyasha late. I can't remember how late, but the show has gone over the beginning so many times that I've got it down pretty well. I'm looking forward to the new episodes starting this Wednesday, even if they are at a crazy time.
Lanisatu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Actually, the next episode of Eureka 7 on YTV is "Watermelon." (see?)

Episodes 4 and 5 were accidentally skipped.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Lanisatu wrote:
Actually, the next episode of Eureka 7 on YTV is "Watermelon." (see?)

Episodes 4 and 5 were accidentally skipped.

It was strange that nobody actually pointed out that YTV had scheduled the wrong episode for last week (episode 6), before the actually wound up playing it in the end, skipping 4 and 5 for no apparent reason. Defintely one of the strangest things they've done in a while.
Lanisatu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:03 pm Reply with quote
It was quite strange. I mean, I can understand skipping episode 4 by accident, because of the Naruto marathon the week before... but skipping two episodes?

As long as they fix that by airing the skipped episodes though, it's okay in the end. Hopefully they'll be a little more careful in future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2