• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hellsing Ultimate Website

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Nice, Crispin was telling me that it was so much fun to record and that it has much more range with alucard this time around.

Should be a real awesome anime.... Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Please tell me I didn't read that just now....
"Crispin Freeman as Arucard"

Why Geneon? Why!?!?

/me hopes it's an early, yet fixable, translation error.
-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote
And Anderson's ridiculous accent is absent. (Unless what was shown was merely a pre-production dub.)
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Im so happy to hear that Crispin is coming back to do his role as Alucard, he really has such great command of that role and quite frankly I don't know who could play that role other then him.
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I don't know...I kind of heard an Irish accent in there. Re-watch the trailer, my friend.

-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Anderson still has the accent from what I heard at AnimeFest. They showed the entire first episode in English as a special preview. I didn't catch the whole episode because I didn't know it was going to be in English till I walked by the room and saw a GIANT crowd of people sitting/standing in and out of the room to watch it, but everybody sounded the same to me.

This was back in September, though, so it might've been a pre-production dub as suggested. But I don't think they'd change his accent for any reason.
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I should clarify that Anderson still has an accent in the trailer. It's just not as heavy and profound as in the TV series.
DriftRoot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quote
*bangs head on wall* Arucard.... NOT THE ARUCARD!!
ivanchoFAA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I watched the trailer in the website, I think it is going to be amazing, and it is intersting know that the dub looks awsome with the original voices of the TV series.

IF THIS CONTINUES I THINK HELLSING WILL BECOME A CLASSIC
Alucalb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote
DriftRoot wrote:
*bangs head on wall* Arucard.... NOT THE ARUCARD!!

Yeah, you'd think they'd know the correct spelling by now. Maybe it'll be "Alucard" in the dub and "Arucard" in the sub like with the TV series.
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:46 am Reply with quote
Seeing as everyone is going on about it anyways, I figured I should mention that, of all the geneon Hellsing releses I've ever seen, none of them said Alucard. Even in the credits, one might note the R in his name.
zillale

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:30 am Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
Seeing as everyone is going on about it anyways, I figured I should mention that, of all the geneon Hellsing releses I've ever seen, none of them said Alucard. Even in the credits, one might note the R in his name.

have you read the manga? the point with the name is that alucard reads dracula backwards.

heh, dracura Razz

--zillale
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote
zillale wrote:
have you read the manga? the point with the name is that alucard reads dracula backwards.

heh, dracura Razz

--zillale

Let me rephrase that:
Someone_II wrote:
of all the Geneon Hellsing releses I've ever seen,

The manga was published by dark horse.
LoopyChew
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:55 am Reply with quote
zillale wrote:
Someone_II wrote:

heh, dracura :P

--zillale

This debate has been going on since Hellsing was known to the Western world. Despite "Arucard" being the official romanization of the name, it's not even that in the original Japanese--they bastardized even that name. In romaji, it's "Aakaado," which would probably be "Arkard" or, my personal favorite bastardization, "Alcard."

None of which is all that relevant to the original post, anyway. Hopefully, this bit is: the Pioneer/Geneon official name has been Arucard from day one of the Gonzo Hellsing production, and I see no reason for them to change it for the OVA version. Of course their promotional material will be written as such. However, New Generation writes their own scripts for the dub, which probably has them saying "Alucard."

Personally, I really wish Geneon had upped the bitrate of the trailer; I really can't tell how the performances are with all the cars being compacted due to the background distortion. I am happy that all the principal actors are back to reprise their roles, and I only hope it applies to the Brothers Valentine as well.

'because, really, despite all the excellent acting the first time 'round, Jan Valentine really stole the show when he showed up. (And Integra's "THIS HOUSE WAS BUILT ON BLOOD AND HONOR" speech from those episodes makes me well up due to sheer awesomeness every time I hear it. And then Walter's "Oh, dear, I appear to have missed one" bit when confronting Jan, and then, and then...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1