• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FLCL Ultimate Edition Delayed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthony P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quote
They decided to release it on the day after christmas? That's an unusual move indeed. I don't really mind waiting another month, but releasing anything on the day after christmas would seem to be a bad idea for any retailer.
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Agreed. The sales would go up quite a bit if they released it sometime before or during the holidays.
Mydogblaze
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:34 am Reply with quote
Can you say milk-milk... They should just make another OVA or something i mean come one. i like the anime alot but I've seen it 1000 times on adult swim.
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:45 am Reply with quote
Mydogblaze wrote:
Can you say milk-milk... They should just make another OVA or something i mean come one. i like the anime alot but I've seen it 1000 times on adult swim.
It's Adult Swim, not Synch-Point, that has been repeating FLCL over and over again. Not exactly an Evangelionesque milking enterprise.

Moreover, I think this is only the second release of FLCL DVDs in the State, and with a lot of extras and cheaper DVD prices.

I'll wait; and I'll buy it!
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:55 am Reply with quote
Why do I smell Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children reeking all over this?
biliano

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:12 am Reply with quote
Mydogblaze wrote:
Can you say milk-milk...

No, I don't believe that Synch-Point is milking their license, considering that they recently announced that they are discontinuing the production of the single volumes.

I'm not completely sure about this, but I believe the reason for the delay is that Synch-Point was having trouble obtaining some of the extras for the sets, and they wanted to make sure they have everything before they release the sets to the public. As for the December 26 street date, that day is considered one of the busiest shopping days of the year (although it's mostly for returning bad Christmas gifts than anything else Razz ), so I think it's a good date to release the set. Plus there isn't any heavy competition in terms of what anime titles are scheduled to be released on December 26 - the only DVDs scheduled for a 12/26 date are Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Vol. #5, Naruto Vol. #7, and One Piece Vol. #6.
binkyaut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:07 am Reply with quote
After it took them 2 years to get the SIX episodes out originally - is another delay on product that they have already released really a surprise?

I agree with mydogblaze - they really need to move on and put this 6 year old show down to rest.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Why is it all about profit and corporate greed when FLCL gets a complete set but not any other series? Confused
cherry_blossom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I think this is a smart move on their part. When I worked in an electronics retail store last holiday season, the day after christmas was packed with people wanting to spend the $$$ they'd just received for chrismas! You'd have thought it was black friday with the sheer amount of people that were there.
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:10 pm Reply with quote
those of us who have birthdays shortly after christmas are rejoycing for this sudden turn of events!

seriously i saw this coming and while i like synchpoint because they spend massive ammounts of time at the roscos chicken and waffles errr i mean working on there products and I only hope this delay which will indubiously hurt them will result in a better product and that people will buy it. i know i will.

fawhoooosh!
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, but those after Xmas sales, at least where I live, aren't that much anymore. All the good stuff's been picked over and bought by then.

Oh well, here's trying to convince family to give it to me for Xmas. Smile
Pacific Pikachu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Aw, darn it. I already have it pre-ordered, so I was hoping to have it earlier. Oh well--it's not like I've never seen the series before.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quote
The set was delayed because on the inside of the digipak where disc 4 goes, there is an error in the artwork, and on the box itself, the art isn't aligned.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:
Why is it all about profit and corporate greed when FLCL gets a complete set but not any other series? Confused

Yes, it should be the opposite. Synch-Point is an extremely small company. They're doing this in order to survive. If it wasn't for FLCL, Broccoli USA probably wouldn't even exist. And of course that's important... because AnimeGamers provides me with my supply of GA merchandise without having to import from overseas, as well as a bunch of other junk... I don't know why they're chosing to release it after Chirstmas though...
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Mydogblaze wrote:

FLCL is as close to perfect as i've seen anything besides Looney Toons or Disney obtain. it's as flawless an anime as well ever get, lets not fudge with it.

fawhoooosh!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2