• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bokurano Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swissman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Let's hope they'll have a bigger production budget than on Naru Taru. The latter was so poorly animated, it was a shame - that alone killed half of the atmosphere of the excellent manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't this title spotlighted a few months ago in RTO's 'World Manga' section? I seem to recall being intrigued by the description and hoping it would be licensed soon. I'm happy to hear it's getting an anime treatment, especially from Gonzo -- while they're not everyone's favourite company (to put it mildly), I think they will do really well with this sort of title. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Smile
godakame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Heard about this piece of new a week ago. I remember crying shortly afterwards. I'm going to pray that gonzo does a descent job on this.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I hope this will get a decent adaptation. The manga isn't going to end for a while and gonzo isn't exactly known for giving endings open for a sequel (Gantz and Hellsing come to mind) so I hope they give it a decent ending.

Deep down, I still wish for a sequel to Narutaru though. The second half of the manga is where everything picks up.
godakame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
Deep down, I still wish for a sequel to Narutaru though. The second half of the manga is where everything picks up.

I'm pretty dissappointed that DH dropped Narutaru. Still don't know what happens in the second half of the manga (not that I'm asking to be spoiled). I've been meaning to pick up the anime adaptation. Though I thought the anime covered at least all the major events that occured in the manga.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quote
godakame wrote:
who_is_friend wrote:

I'm pretty dissappointed that DH dropped Narutaru. Still don't know what happens in the second half of the manga (not that I'm asking to be spoiled). I've been meaning to pick up the anime adaptation. Though I thought the anime covered at least all the major events that occured in the manga.

The anime only covers up to where DH left off spoiler[with Hiro getting her revenge against her tormentors]. That's when the series starts to get really good. I've read really detailed summaries (I posted a link somewhere around here before) for the rest of the manga and I'm thinking of picking up the remaining volumes in Japanese.

Bokurano is probably just as good as Narutaru though. Instead of giving a twist on the "mystical creature" genre it gives a twist on the "giant robot" genre. Mohiro Kitoh is my favourite mangaka after Naoki Urasawa so I'm going to watch this reguardless of wether or not it's good. But there seems to be good staff behind it as well. I have high hopes for this.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Are they allowed to show lolisex on Japanese TV?
godakame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
Are they allowed to show lolisex on Japanese TV?

I'm assuming your referring to that one particular scene in vol 2 (which is as far as I read); the producers will probably find a way around that little predicament as that scene constitutes all of one panel.

On a related note, I will at least be content with the anime if Gonzo does justice to the Daichi story arc.
Monumension

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is the best Christmas gift I could ever wish for! Love the manga to pieces.

I never thought of the Narutaru anime as a complete disaster. Even if it ended quite abrupt and unfinished it just made me want to get the manga - which of course was dropped at vol. 7 Crying or Very sad .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1