• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - December 2nd - December 8th

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
they have to publish more of their current manga, instead of giving us more bullcrap like Gintama and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX manga.

Gintama > Naruto.

Just sayin'. Laughing

I'm not pleased with how Jump is working their serialized series (now including Gintama), but until there's enough demand to make it a bi-weekly affair, we'll have to take what we can get for the time being. As someone who's suffering through these 4/5 month release patterns of Hikaru no Go as well as reading Gintama without having any clue as to possible graphic novel releases, well, I guess it keeps me buying Jump.

Honestly though, given how strong the first volume of Naruto is still selling, I'd say sales won't be tapering off too much. Maybe a bit...but until there's concrete evidence that the Naruto manga sales are going to go under after the CN airing reaches that point, I could just as easily say the same thing for the chapters in Shonen Jump.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quote
The preview last year didn't make it seem like anything special. Anyway, I haven't gotten the January 2007 issue yet because my subscription expired with the December 2006 issue and I just recently subscribed a week or so ago. How many chapters of Gintama were there?

EDIT: Oh, and what about Yu-Gi-Oh! GX?
Canuckian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
R.O.D. the TV
(G4TechTV Canada)
-Monday December 4 8:30pm - Episode 21 "D.O.D. -DREAM OR DIE"
-Tuesday December 5 8:30pm - Episode 22 "Seize"
-Wednesday December 6 8:30pm - Episode 23 "Lie to Me"
-Thursday December 7 8:30pm - Episode 24 "You Know Me"
-Friday December 8 8:30pm - Episode 25 "Not a Big Problem"

Canadian viewers, 'tis your last chance to bask in the warming glow of new R.O.D. episodes before the dim light of repeats falls upon you! This week: Anita braves loneliness after becoming separated from her sisters; Joker fights the girls, and informs them of their true pasts, and much more!

Not if Gad Guard has something to do with it, It airs December 12, in the current Timeslot of R.O.D.

That Idaten Jump show looks and seems to be alright, wonder if YTV will air it? It being Hasbro, I'd think so(They've aired Beyblade, Transformers R.I.D/Armada/Energon/Cybertron/Beasties/ Beast Machines, Battle B Daman, etc.).

Last edited by Canuckian on Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MissAsako

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:54 am Reply with quote
Hehe I think around episode 13 I offically became hooked on Bleach too.

And you are so lucky, getting a Wii. I want one of those things so bad. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2