• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying singers, songs and background music.

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:00 am Reply with quote
I'm wondering since we've got threads to identify manga titles and anime titles, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a thread to identify theme songs from the anime that we know and love. After all, what is anime without the theme song to identify it by?

[EDIT: Good idea. I changed the title and have stickied the thread. -TK]
{Slightly edited title in order to slightly expand scope of thread. ~nbahn}
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:49 am Reply with quote
While I'm glad to help identifying anime music (I've been doing it all the time), be VERY careful where and how you post "sample music". You don't want ANN to be branded as an MP3 exchange center, do you?

Maybe a few rules should be applied, such as the length and quality of the sample music, as well as guides to crop and downgrade music.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:55 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
You don't want ANN to be branded as an MP3 exchange center, do you?

Maybe a few rules should be applied, such as the length and quality of the sample music, as well as guides to crop and downgrade music.

I did not have sample music on my mind when I posted, a lot of people that I had seen asking for names of songs had presented them with the titles of the anime themselves. I'm sure if titles were to be given it would make identifying the song a lot easier. But if samples are to be posted, measures should be taken, I agree.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:02 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I did not have sample music on my mind when I posted, a lot of people that I had seen asking for names of songs had presented them with the titles of the anime themselves. I'm sure if titles were to be given it would make identifying the song a lot easier.

It's not "easier". With databases like Anison Generation, all you need is a little bit Japanese skill. It basically covers ALL anime-related songs, as well as their release information (VERY useful when looking for some old, long-lost titles).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Iritscen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Does that site list BGM too? Like, say, could it have answered this question without my spending lots of time with a search engine?
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
be VERY careful where and how you post "sample music". You don't want ANN to be branded as an MP3 exchange center, do you?

I always post sample music from this French website. The samples are low quality real player files that you can't download, and there are reviews of OSTs there, too (if you can read French).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Gage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Hi, seeing how I've stumbled upon this topic. I have a song of my own I would like to know the title too. (Well, BGM actually.)

Here is a video link to the G Gundam series (which is where the BGM is playing):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p5U2eHEBGUY

*Note: The BGM plays during the end of the video. You'll catch it.*

Thanks very much!
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Gage wrote:
Hi, seeing how I've stumbled upon this topic. I have a song of my own I would like to know the title too. (Well, BGM actually.)

Here is a video link to the G Gundam series (which is where the BGM is playing):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p5U2eHEBGUY

*Note: The BGM plays during the end of the video. You'll catch it.*

Thanks very much!

Ah, I actually know this one. Sorry it took so long, but I was trying to research the exact (translated) name. I couldn't find it, but I think it was called "Exploding God Finger" from Mobile Fighter G Gundam OST (Round) 4, track #30 (a very good shounen series, by the way).
Triradiates

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I have been looking everywhere trying to find where this song exists. I am looking for the 'full' version of the song Shissou, by Last Alliance, which I'm sure you all know is the ending theme to Ouran High School Host Club. This was brought up on an older thread (here), but got no response. Now that the series is completed, maybe someone will know. The version of this song with the light guitar intro can be found at the end of several of the episodes, including the final episode, right before the song jumps to its upbeat tempo and the ending credits begin.

Before I get spammed with 'check the OSTs' replies, I would mention that the OST does include the so called "full" version of the song, but this is not the same! I find it hard to believe that this version of the song does not exist -somewhere- as you can plainly hear it in several of the episodes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Quick edit: I'm not asking for where I can download this song, just info on where, if anywhere, it exists. I would gladly purchase the album if I can find where it is.
wedieyoung

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:45 am Reply with quote
Ok, i already gave up looking for this song, i mean this is my last resort. Im looking for a song that appears in the background of some episodes of Ranma season 2, one example is the episode 19 "It`s a fine line between pleasure and pain" in the minute 21:35 where Ranma starts to eat Akane`s cookies, that song is the one that im looking for, appears also in anothers episodes like "The snowman race" where akane gets the pills to cure ranma of being a woman all the time.
Well thats all that i have about that song and it would be awesome if you guys can help me, i would apreciate a lot, thanks!!!
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote
Triradiates wrote:
I have been looking everywhere trying to find where this song exists. I am looking for the 'full' version of the song Shissou, by Last Alliance, which I'm sure you all know is the ending theme to Ouran High School Host Club. This was brought up on an older thread (here), but got no response. Now that the series is completed, maybe someone will know. The version of this song with the light guitar intro can be found at the end of several of the episodes, including the final episode, right before the song jumps to its upbeat tempo and the ending credits begin.

Unless I'm completely mistaken (which is not my habit, I assure you), you're looking for this MaxiCD. (The link will take you to Amazon Japan.)

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Triradiates

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:

Unless I'm completely mistaken (which is not my habit, I assure you), you're looking for this MaxiCD. (The link will take you to Amazon Japan.)

I believe this is what I'm after! Thanks a ton! Take pride in the fact that I've been posting and asking around many places for about 3 months and you are the first who knew. Thanks again!
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:10 am Reply with quote
I've been having trouble identifying a piece pf background music from Eureka Seven.

I know that it plays during Episode 8 in the money/Tiptory trade-off scene when Renton swings in to get Tiptory, while the military issues an attack of some sort. This song starts playing at around the 18:00 mark of the episode, and it starts when the Nirvash suddenly appears in that scene.

If anybody can tell me the name of the BGM, it'd be really appreciated!
stevey201

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:54 pm Reply with quote
I've been trying to find the music for the Witchblade trailer. It sounds like Apocalyptica. Here's a link to the trailer I'm talking about. http://www.witchblade.jp/gallery/moov/mov01.html If anyone has any idea what this song is, can you please reply back or pm me. Thanks.
Astro_Boynton

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quote
hey I'm trying to figure out, in fatal fury 2, whats is the piano song that wolfgang krauser plays. thanks !
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 33