• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chronicles of the Going Home Club (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Chronicles of the Going Home Club (TV)

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: school

Plot Summary: When asked which school club she would be interested in, Natsuki replied "the go-home club". To her surprise, though, it turns out that there actually is such a club at her school, and she ends up joining the club reluctantly. Karin Touno also joined the "Going Home Club" with Natsuki Andou, which at that time consist only of three members: Sakura Doumyouji, Botan Oohagi and Claire Kokonoe. In this club they discuss almost about everything, jokes and plays round.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:
Cuteeee OP song. I won't be skipping this one for sure. The poses were kinda funny as well.

I'm glad this is a full series tbh and not a short anime. Oh and the spoiler[polar bear] was kinda funny. It felt random though lol but anyways, I'll look more forward to see what's coming soon.

Claire's an interesting girl btw and is pretty imo :3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:51 am Reply with quote
Sorry for not seeing this before starting my own *copy and pasted below*

Episode 1

This is definetly in my watch list, it reminds me of a mix of GJ-bu and Seitokai Yakuinodomo, with the fourth wall breaking of Seitokai no Ichizon, and no harem plot. The connections to GJ-bu include a cast that is relatively unkown, the opening song is sung by Otome Shintō, who sung the opening and had a couple roles in GJ-bu, and Natsuki is voiced by Ibuki Kido who's few large roles have included Kasumi from GJ-bu.

I found the humour had a lot of hits, from the standard kinda cliché tropes of being strong enough to fight bears being played with, to attempting to spoiler[play the ED after saying something cool] because that is how those shows often go, but playing it after announcing their spoiler[activity was getting ice-cream]. Natsuki's retorts themselves remind me a lot of Tsuda, although looking at where the source material comes from it might have more in common with Daily Lives of High School Boys.

Oh, and they got spoiler[reverted to story boards because they spent too many frames on one of them raising a hand]. This will likely be something I will have to watch.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:15 am Reply with quote
Eh, the humour felt a bit forced. The joke about the brown bear being only the weakest of the four "bear kings" was pretty funny, as was the recurring gag about the ED song playing too soon, but most of the episode struggled to hold my attention.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:44 am Reply with quote
That gigantic ahoge was very distracting, but I like the art overall and the girls were well-proportioned (don't appear as kiddy as what I'm used to in anime these days). Some of the gags were nice, but it's not really a ROFL type of anime. I'm probably gonna give it a full go as it doesn't seem like there will be anything too bad about it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
I thought I was sort of at the end of my "cute, quirky girls joining cute, quirky clubs and saying/doing cute, quirky things" tether, but I decided to check this one out, anyway. Eh. It had some chuckles ("Let's fight bears together") but I wasn't riveted. I'll check out some more but it wouldn't shock me if this got the heave-ho at some point.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:31 am Reply with quote
Weird girls in the same weird club.
Karin & Natsuki got themselves into a club adventure.
Has some potential, but I guess this one is just all girls..
Although it looks like it may have some funny parts, don't think I'll be watching it.
It's just not my kinda of anime...
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
It got a couple of laughs out of me. It'll be a good counter balance to Free!

But my God this is the first time I've ever wanted to chop off some one's ahoge.
casualfan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote
This looks to be a good comedy based on the first episode. The jokes just blends very well with the charming characters. Looking forward to episode 2.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Like Dtm, I also thought the humor was a little too forced. I like the use of straight man once in a while, but when it is implemented in every single joke it gets a little tiring.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
yeah, that ahoge is distracting. the jokes were hit and miss for me. not sure about this one, but I'll give it a couple more episodes
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

The comedy here was so dry and unenthusiastic that it couldn't hold my attention very long. Something about the whole show seemed "off." I already mentioned the lack enthusiasm (even the MC who had been eager to scream about the dumb remarks made by the other characters in her "ahoge bubble" lacked oomph), but also things like comedic timing and wit were nonexistent. The parodies/references of other shows had to have been one of the most blandly animated ones I've ever seen lol. I don't think I'll be following this one.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote
so with episode 2, I was both amused and really bored at the same time. yoshiyukiblade pretty much described my thoughts towards the show. I think for now I will put this on hold and maybe come back to it at a later date. I feel like I'm watching too many shows this season anyway
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

The spoiler[Yugioh] reference had me laughing more than it should have. They had been treating most of the game like it was a spoiler[card game similar to Yugioh], and the it turned out the card had been spoiler[drawn on in a similar style to a yugioh card, and there were life points]. Laughing
thewrll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

spoiler[Amazing Trigun references]

I didn't have to pause the episode so often since there was a lot less text.

spoiler[Love how Natsuki-Chan's cowlick became her and Natsuki-Chan became essentially a robot.]
thewrll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

spoiler[ Love where the creators were too lazy to make fully animate the characters, so they made them into connected constellations. Then Natsuki-san's brother attacked the animators for being lazy.]

spoiler[ At the end in the mini home club the gag where Natsuki wasn't recognized by Karin
continued on. The seal and Botan saved the day and Karin recognized Natsuki again.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2