• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 10th Media Arts Plaza Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I can't wait to see Toki wo Kakeru Shojo, i've heard a lot of good things about it.

I only reconized Yotsubato! out of all those titles.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote
No suprise that Spirit of the Sun won the manga division: it's by one of the most popular seinen manga-ka of all time and uses inspiration from real-world events to tell a politically charged and patriotic story. It pretty much had the prize after it won the Tezuka. There are titles I'd pick over it, but overall it's an exellent manga that deserves the award.
I too am looking forward to Toki wo Kakeru Shojo. The anime prize at the festival isn't as prestigious as the manga in my opinion since they often seem to pick the grand prize based on hype and technical accomplishments, but based on what I've heard this deserved the win.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Is there anyway to pressure companies in the U.S to pick up Toki wo Kakeru Shojo? Like Disney or some anime distributor? I'd love to see it in English and I don't believe its come out on DVD yet in Japan for import. I don't even think fansubs exist for the movie.
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Another festival prize for Toki wo Kakeru Shojo; maybe there's a chance this little film can gain enough momentum to warrant a license. *crossing fingers*

Also, it's nice to see Aleksandr Petrov's new film, My Love, doing well. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to it very, very much. He's one of my favorite animators.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1