• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bones' Space Dandy Anime's Teaser Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Added to my "Want to see" list. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
This looks like it will be a lot of fun. Even if Watanabe wasn't attached to it this preview would put it on my radar. Really liking the 60s/70s imagined future style.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
Ehh... I'm trying to go though and watch all of Studio Bones' anime, but this really doesn't look interesting to me. Maybe if I hear good reviews about it later, but the only thing that even sorta grabbed me was what I assume is the OP.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:32 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
looks weak.

yeah watanabe is a bad director.....
hojo 360

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:43 am Reply with quote
Looks like a lot of fun Very Happy
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:01 am Reply with quote
This looks awesome, like total retro awesome with shiny brightly colored Sci-Fi action "in the space." I like the music too and I have a fondness for that hairdo lol. I admit I'm not fond of the Boobies schtick but the green alien was funny.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:15 am Reply with quote
I cannot help but think that Katsuyuki Konishi (Lloyd Irving, Kamina) would be the PERFECT voice Dandy. And maybe Daisuke Sakaguchi (Shinpachi Shimura, Kish) for the weasel? lol
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:35 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
I cannot help but think that Katsuyuki Konishi (Lloyd Irving, Kamina) would be the PERFECT voice Dandy. And maybe Daisuke Sakaguchi (Shinpachi Shimura, Kish) for the weasel? lol

Konishi channeling Pinion maybe? Anime hyper
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:49 am Reply with quote
Watanabe, with no afro is so stale now. He was awesome in Macross Plus and Cowboy Bebop.

Macross Plus has movie quality even in it's OVA form. The animation is superb for an anime, the art is vibrant, the story is complex, the characters are deep, the music is from Yoko Kanno is awesome, just the peak of anime and how all anime should be. Who knows the budget of Macross Plus on a per episode basis? That OVA surpassed even Gundam 0083 in terms of visuals and art. And in terms of story, blows it away, since 0083 is not only the worst Gundam OVA, it is the worst in the UC. Macross Plus is everything Frontier should be. Frontier is like the SEED Destiny of Macross.

Cowboy Bebop was also amazing. The artwork is comparable to another Macross FB7, which is saying a lot, since FB7 looks way better than 7 and looks great, though not as good as Plus, the voice acting in every language is great, the music is great, it's very much like western movies/animation in its noir setting and the overall atmosphere of this show is great.

Samurai Champloo is also great.

This is not great. This is terrible. Why do all anime creators go downhill? What a disgrace. Since Watanabe can somewhat understand and speak English, I'm going to vent my frustration towards him. Hmph!
JonLa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:33 am Reply with quote
Love his work but gradually growing tired of shows that I have to turn off when my wife's around because of the embarrassing pubescent sexism.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:44 am Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
Watanabe, with no afro ...

You're mixing up Shinichiro Watanabe (Bebop, Champloo, Sakamichi no Apollon) with Shinichi Watanabe aka Nabeshin. The latter is the one with the afro. Just saying.

I'm probably one of the very few people here who hasn't watched Bebop -though it's in my "Backlog of shame"- and the only distinctive Watanabe show I've watched that I know of is Sakamichi no Apollon which I adored. Dandy looks campy fun and silly and I'll at least try it because the cat alien looks adorable. Not too pumped on the "LOL Look at these boobs, they JIGGLE which is HILARIOUS" so I hope it doesn't take up too much of the actual show.
VinceA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:28 am Reply with quote
You had me at "Space".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:19 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I'm probably one of the very few people here who hasn't watched Bebop -though it's in my "Backlog of shame"- and the only distinctive Watanabe show I've watched that I know of is Sakamichi no Apollon which I adored. Dandy looks campy fun and silly and I'll at least try it because the cat alien looks adorable. Not too pumped on the "LOL Look at these boobs, they JIGGLE which is HILARIOUS" so I hope it doesn't take up too much of the actual show.

I suspect it's more plain titillation and a timeless recognition of teh boobies than outright hilarity. That's the one big thing Star Trek missed. Where are the host/hostess/sex clubs on the Enterprise? Any show about sprawling future civilizations, comedy or not, should not ignore the fact that there will inevitably be something like Hooters in space.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote
That looks and sounds really great.I can not believe that people are saying how animation presented in this teaser is bad.Seriously what the hell are you looking at?With Taku Takahashi being confirmed as one of composers of this anime,we can already count that music will be great.Oh also I think 3rd song in the PV is opening not the first one.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

Yeah the jiggling boobs and butts is something I am not a fan of what can I say. At least they showed it in the preview so I was warned ahead of time.

Other than that I am all for campy fun retro sci-fi, robots, and cat aliens.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3