• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Masaaki Yuasa & I.G's 'Kick-Heart' Runs on Toonami Tonight

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Now thats a surprise. Was it even dubbed?
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Now thats a surprise. Was it even dubbed?

Yeah, it reached its dub goal back in October. Richard Epcar directed the dub I believe.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Well now that's interesting, this doesn't seem like the kind of thing I would buy, but I'll definitely DVR it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
Well now that's interesting, this doesn't seem like the kind of thing I would buy, but I'll definitely DVR it.

It'd be worth owning as part of an anthology, where you go "Well, that was interesting, what's next?" Playing on TV will be some great exposure for something so small.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
Wow, what a surpise. I guess I am gonna finish this now. I guess that's why it's labeled "Surprise!" on the tv guide. Very Happy
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:50 am Reply with quote
Lame. -_-. I missed Eva by an hour so I turned the TV off. Really dumb of them. Less viewers im sure because of it
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:29 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Lame. -_-. I missed Eva by an hour so I turned the TV off. Really dumb of them. Less viewers im sure because of it

The Toonami block hasn't done reruns since it came back a year and a half ago. What are you complaining about?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

The Toonami block hasn't done reruns since it came back a year and a half ago. What are you complaining about?

Uh, the topic? I didn't stick around to watch Kick-Heart because it wasn't advertised. If it was advertised AFTER Eva, I would've watched it. Didn't look so good to me to begin with , plot sounded dumb but I like IG and trust their ability to make dumb-sounding plots actually good. My point is, they only hurt themselves by making this a surprise. I know I'm not the only one who missed it because of that. Not to mention the many people who work Sundays and had to set DVRs for EVA and didn't know to set for Kick-Heart.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:37 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Uh, the topic? I didn't stick around to watch Kick-Heart because it wasn't advertised. If it was advertised AFTER Eva, I would've watched it. Didn't look so good to me to begin with , plot sounded dumb but I like IG and trust their ability to make dumb-sounding plots actually good. My point is, they only hurt themselves by making this a surprise. I know I'm not the only one who missed it because of that. Not to mention the many people who work Sundays and had to set DVRs for EVA and didn't know to set for Kick-Heart.

You posted first at 12:50, and this response was at 1:34, according to ANN time, and that's four minutes after Kick-Heart was to begin airing. You could have went back and turned your TV on in the 40 minute time interval. It's airing as I type this very message, right now.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:45 am Reply with quote
And it reruns in an hour too!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:48 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching it. Really felt like it was something like kinda belonged on the Adult Swim block with the way the show is presented.

Kougeru wrote:

Technically, you can catch it again. As some services like DirecTV offer the west coast feed too. So if you missed it at midnight, you can watch it again 3:00am due to the west coast feed airing starting at that time.

Last edited by tangytangerine on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Adamb15

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

You posted first at 12:50, and this response was at 1:34, according to ANN time, and that's four minutes after Kick-Heart was to begin airing. You could have went back and turned your TV on in the 40 minute time interval. It's airing as I type this very message, right now.

Sounds like they just want something to cry about. Their point is dumb too.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:56 am Reply with quote
I don't get CN/AS/Toonami but, coincidentally, I saw Kick-Heart for the first time on Saturday and I must say... eh, I'm completely underwhelmed. While I will concede that it's very well-animated, I just found the art style ugly and grotesque, and the story wasn't anything special. At least it was short, I doubt I'd have had the patience for it had it run longer than 12 minutes.

Given the choice between well-animated but grotesque and stiffly-animated but moé cute, I'll take the moé every time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheGameNinja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:57 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

They had said there was going to be a surprise after Eva though. Even if you didn't want to keep watching Eva, you could have turned the tv back on just to see what that was.

Also, it's running again after Big O.

Last edited by TheGameNinja on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote
It was sort of a fun little romp, but nothing special. Certainly not worth all the getting worked up about people did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3