• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ranma Hard Battle DVD Box Set

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adsfan00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:48 am Reply with quote
Greetings! I've been lurking in this forum for quite a while now, but it's my first post so go easy on me.

I recently acquired the Ranma Hard Battle DVD Box set and was dismayed to find that the Japanese audio track on disc 5 for episodes 2 & 3 is missing. It just has the english dialogue (shudder) I have been through the store's entire inventory of the set and the problem persists. I haven't been able to get a hold of Viz about it either.

Has anyone else had the same problem with these discs?
Allen
Company Representative

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 10:29 pm Reply with quote
adsfan00 wrote:

Greetings! I've been lurking in this forum for quite a while now, but it's my first post so go easy on me.

I recently acquired the Ranma Hard Battle DVD Box set and was dismayed to find that the Japanese audio track on disc 5 for episodes 2 & 3 is missing. It just has the english dialogue (shudder) I have been through the store's entire inventory of the set and the problem persists. I haven't been able to get a hold of Viz about it either.

Has anyone else had the same problem with these discs?

The problem is appearing around the community, but no one has determined yet if this is a limited occurance, or affects all the sets (mine will show up later this week). As it officially streeted yesterday, it'll probably be a few days (or because of San Diego Comic Con) next week before anyone from Viz can officially comment. No need to go bashing the gates, as I'm sure they are more than aware of the problem right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aya Reiko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I'll be getting the Box Set tommorrow, assuming the local stores has it in stock. I'll check first thing if my set have the same problem too.

Out of curiousity, would it matter where and when the DVDs were bought if it is an isolated batch? If so, where and when did you buy your copy? (And of course if it does or does not have the problem.)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I doubt it matters where you got it from. AnimeNation did a spot check of the copies they got and they found the problem in all the ones they tested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Aya Reiko wrote:

With such a cute picture I'm very tempted to let you break the rules... But please take a look at "Teh Rules" particularly the part about signatures.

Last edited by Tempest on Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Hagakure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Is the Ranma Hard Battle Boxset a collection of the whole series? Or is it anoter season/story etc.?

I resized the image for you. Feel free to use my bandwith.
Is this a good size?

http://www.boomspeed.com/hagakure/sdfel1.gif
That's the URL line[/img]
adsfan00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:47 am Reply with quote
If the problem is as widespread as it appears to be, then it won't matter where it was bought.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:46 am Reply with quote
Hagakure wrote:

Is the Ranma Hard Battle Boxset a collection of the whole series? Or is it anoter season/story etc.?

It's the third season. The first two seasons are already out in box set form.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Aya Reiko

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:07 pm Reply with quote
My copy is infected too. I trust Viz will offer some kind of exchange to fix the problem.

As for the sig, I'm planning on redoing it anyway. The end result should be smaller.

Edit: Sig's fixed. It now clocks in at 105x80. An animated one is available, but it clocks in at 200X150 (but only ~50k in size).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ainvar22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:58 pm Reply with quote
hey: everywhere i look online, the hard battle boxed set has female ranma on it. but, when i went to the mall, the ones they were selling had ryoga on the cover (this site's dictionary also has the ryoga cover). what's up with this?!!!
Case

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:59 pm Reply with quote
ainvar22 wrote:

hey: everywhere i look online, the hard battle boxed set has female ranma on it. but, when i went to the mall, the ones they were selling had ryoga on the cover (this site's dictionary also has the ryoga cover). what's up with this?!!!

Just a guess: Perhaps the ones with the Ryoga cover are the ones that have had the subtitling glitch fixed?

If that's the cover they're show on the official site, that would make sense.
Cgoten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:44 pm Reply with quote
For some reason they've used that picture of female Ranma on pictures of season 3 and 4 before they came out, but neither of them actually had that cover art. I'm pretty sure that all the box sets have the picture of Ryoga on the box.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Do the individual cases within each Ranma 1/2 box set have barcodes on them, hopefully signifying that they will be sold individually in the future? I'm one of those who really only wants a few specific episodes post first-season, not the entire seasons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cgoten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Do the individual cases within each Ranma 1/2 box set have barcodes on them, hopefully signifying that they will be sold individually in the future?

I just checked, and the answer is no.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ainvar22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:49 pm Reply with quote
i know that the later seasons (4 and possibly 3 or even 2) were sold first individually, but i'm not sure about 1.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2