• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Linda Linda Linda Starts Friday in Boston

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I saw this in NYC a month or 2 ago. It was really a good fun film. I can't wait for them to FINALLY release this on DVD.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:06 pm Reply with quote
This is the film with the scene that the Enoz concert in episode 12 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is an homage of, right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quote
If you don't know what it's about, go here. The music video is here. It's not really that exciting a film, but I guess if you've ever wanted to play in a band in high school, this film's for you.
omnistry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:34 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
This is the film with the scene that the Enoz concert in episode 12 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is an homage of, right?

Yep.

I'm seeing this film with my sis and her friend. I'm a huge fan of the Blue Hearts, so this is pretty cool. Extra points for James Iha doing the score.
d.yaro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:20 am Reply with quote
Darn! If I'd know about the Seattle, WA, run I might've taken the time to go see it this past weekend. Guess I'll just have to wait for a R1 DVD release. Wonder if Viz will bother with screening it in Canada? After all "Kamikaze Girls" got a short run up here last winter and I can only assume Viz was behind that (does anyone know?).
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:16 am Reply with quote
d.yaro wrote:
Darn! If I'd know about the Seattle, WA, run I might've taken the time to go see it this past weekend. Guess I'll just have to wait for a R1 DVD release. Wonder if Viz will bother with screening it in Canada? After all "Kamikaze Girls" got a short run up here last winter and I can only assume Viz was behind that (does anyone know?).

Yes, Kamikaze Girls was a Viz release.

I really love Linda^3. It's so quirky and uncomfortable, like a Todd Solondz movie on prozac.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:50 am Reply with quote
jsevakis: WTF? I like Todd Solondz, but I don't see the resemblance. Unless there's a lot of tension underneath the surface in Linda^3 which I didn't notice...?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1