• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist on Adult Swim Fix

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crystawhisper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quote
oh man...
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like a great way to introduce people to the series (although I think the first two episodes aren't nearly as good as some of the later ones).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
(although I think the first two episodes aren't nearly as good as some of the later ones).

Yeah, that's true, but the first two episodes are still great hooks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quote
shouldnt they have done this when the series was at a height of popularity. yes its till popular but its starting to take a backseat to other anime.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:
shouldnt they have done this when the series was at a height of popularity. yes its till popular but its starting to take a backseat to other anime.

Exactly my thought, although the Fix wasn't up in running back in 2005 when FMA first premiere. That said [AS] should of had episodes (even reruns of the latest episode) on the fix once it's started.
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
Sounds like a great way to introduce people to the series (although I think the first two episodes aren't nearly as good as some of the later ones).

That's pretty much why I stopped watching so soon.
Didn't think I was missing much, but I guess I don't have an excuse to miss out now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Dammit, [as fix] used to work on Macs, as long as you had the Flip4Mac plugin to play Windows Media. But now they're sniffing and booting Macs. And forging the user-agent doesn't work.

Bad [as]. Bad, bad [as]. No biscuit for you.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Viga_of_stars wrote:

Exactly my thought, although the Fix wasn't up in running back in 2005 when FMA first premiere. That said [AS] should of had episodes (even reruns of the latest episode) on the fix once it's started.

I'm pretty sure this is because of some recent deals [AS] made with Funimation. Monday, they posted on the Adult Swim boards saying they secured a deal with Funimation to get the Trinity Blood episodes on the Fix all week. And apparently Fullmetal Alchemist had been on the Fix since last Friday, so it is likely something to do with that deal they made.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1