• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Heat Guy J to air on MTV

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delthayre

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:14 pm Reply with quote
It has been confirmed by Pioneer (I refuse to call them G****n) that Heat Guy J will air on MTV sometime late in 2003 or eary in 2004.

Well, I might actually watch MTV, and I don't expect any severe editing, so the noisome commercials I may have to endure aside, I think this is a good thing. I've been considering buying this series, but now I won't have to.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Great, now I have to watch that wretched hole of a channel. Confused

And really, I actually kinda DO expect it to be edited to hell & back. Look, MTV's gone so "PC" nowadays that anything even the slightest bit "negative" or "bad" is censored completely. Aside from Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera having sex on camera (yes, their glaring hypocrisy), they're just about the cleanest channel on TV, because God forbid anyone gets "OFFENDED" by them.

Yeah, can you tell I'm not an MTV fan? *flips to VH1*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I forget which comedian it was who said it, (Probably Lewis Black, since he's cool) but "MTV is to music what KFC is to Chicken."

But, anyways, it's kind of interesting that Heat Guy J is their choice. Ah well, good for Pioneer/Geneon.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:50 am Reply with quote
A couple years back, it was reported that MTV had the most commercials per hour of any network in existence (something like 24 minutes per hour). I'm guessing that Heat Guy J will have to be severely time edited to accomodate this.

Whatever. I don't have TV anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:01 am Reply with quote
Hmm... now that there is finally Canadian MTV, I wonder whether they'll be able to show it up here or whether any attempts by MTV Canada to diversify their programming will run into the same brick wall called the CRTC which completely prevented Tech TV showing anime in Canada?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:59 am Reply with quote
They're dubbing a Korean film called Volcano High and replacing it with rap music. Use that to form your own opinions. Anyway, even if they put Heat Guy J on their network, they'll probably play all of the series for a year until everyone gets tired of it, and then try to do something "cool" with it, by inserting stupid phrases in word bubbles in an attempt to be clever. Or they'll pay Pioneer or AIC extra money to animate the main characters watching music videos a la Beavis and Butthead.
AnnaMayInsider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:11 am Reply with quote
I read somewhere that MTV was bidding for the license way back when. Seems everyone wanted a piece of it.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:43 am Reply with quote
MTV actually paying for something people would watch?! That's news to me.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:13 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
They're dubbing a Korean film called Volcano High and replacing it with rap music. Use that to form your own opinions.

So...yeah...I'm assuming MTV's gonna replace whatever soundtrack Heat Guy J has (which I hear is pretty good, actually) with 50 Cent and Default.

Right...uh-huh...be right back, I'm going to go headbutt a wall with a nail sticking out of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:57 am Reply with quote
I know this thread was here first, but since the front page directs people to the other thread, it would make more sense to use it.

We'll try to develop a merge thread utility for this type of thing in the future.

-t
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1