• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Licenses Rozen Maiden

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b4k4ni04

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
The "all dolled up" (or something along those lines) statement at the very beginning of the podcast pretty much gave it away. If any Rozen Maiden fan didn't clue in on that clue, I wouldn't know what to say.

And I assume that they didn't license Träumend. All in due time, I say. Smile

o_o.. i completely missed that. Hmph, my first guess was Nana, what with the late news appearing about it's potential american liscence. but the "how many? 7??" and the gift of a rose sealed it for me. the 7 was WAY too conspicuous Anime hyper;. at least in my opinion.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking The Rose of Versailles (sp). What with all the flowers in the opening and the conflicts with politics and such. Plus at 40 eps I thought it could hit 5 eps a DDVD and = the volume 8 he mentioned. Oh well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Milarkie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was Shuffle at first as well. Im glad it turned out to be Rozen Maiden though, I've been waiting for it to get picked up by someone. I never lost faith!
vojozo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:12 pm Reply with quote
i was hoping for higurashi no naku koro ni to be it oh well ...... it will happen soon enough *hopefully*
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Too easy (partly because of those frequent posters in AnimeOnDVD). Laughing

Now we'll see how many clues there are really!
purple_monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I doubt they would license season two unless it sweetened the deal in the discussion to get the license. They have no idea how Rozen Maiden would do, so if they were financially smart, they would not buy the license for season two until they see the returns for the first couple DVDs.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quote
So I guess this means Viz has Nana after all...
Akukaze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quote
b4k4ni04 wrote:
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
The "all dolled up" (or something along those lines) statement at the very beginning of the podcast pretty much gave it away. If any Rozen Maiden fan didn't clue in on that clue, I wouldn't know what to say.

And I assume that they didn't license Träumend. All in due time, I say. Smile

o_o.. i completely missed that. Hmph, my first guess was Nana, what with the late news appearing about it's potential american liscence. but the "how many? 7??" and the gift of a rose sealed it for me. the 7 was WAY too conspicuous Anime hyper;. at least in my opinion.

Haha, same here. I've spent the past week trudging through the Japanese manga, too, so I really should have picked up on it. I think it's just that I've figured it was never getting licensed. That couldn't have been a cheap series to get, and I don't know how much potential it has in America.

Well, whatever. I'm happy that it's finally happened. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
darkside31337

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quote
tamaneko wrote:
darkside31337 wrote:

It's kind of a letdown, doing a cool promotion for such a meh anime (imo). Geneon has licensed much better shows as of late.

GTFO. "Better shows" like Disgaea? Rozen Maiden is one of the top-10 most popular animes in Japan in recent times and there is FAR more fanart for the show than any other series ever created, so, yeah, what a big letdown for them to license such a boring show... Rolling Eyes

Popularity doesn't determine the value of a show (especially that in another country). The show's storyline is terrible, the characters especially that of your typical dorky male protagonist are stupid and it's just not going to work in america. It's a niche show, and that niche isn't big. Traumend aint happening unless they picked it up already.

Anything else that was rumored (like Nana) would have definitely been better, and I wasn't specifically talking about Disgaea, although it's better then this dump Rolling Eyes .
UEHacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Ha, I was right! ::guessed Rozen Maiden:: I hope I win the contest
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quote
darkside31337 wrote:
tamaneko wrote:
darkside31337 wrote:

It's kind of a letdown, doing a cool promotion for such a meh anime (imo). Geneon has licensed much better shows as of late.

GTFO. "Better shows" like Disgaea? Rozen Maiden is one of the top-10 most popular animes in Japan in recent times and there is FAR more fanart for the show than any other series ever created, so, yeah, what a big letdown for them to license such a boring show... Rolling Eyes

Popularity doesn't determine the value of a show (especially that in another country). The show's storyline is terrible, the characters especially that of your typical dorky male protagonist are stupid and it's just not going to work in america. It's a niche show, and that niche isn't big. Traumend aint happening unless they picked it up already.

Anything else that was rumored (like Nana) would have definitely been better, and I wasn't specifically talking about Disgaea, although it's better then this dump Rolling Eyes .

I third that opinion. I want Geneon to get Nana (and Ouran licensed too but by TRSI). I hope Geneon does a good job with RM but here's hoping to some better licenses (they already lost Honey and Clover).
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Oh awesome, this is definitely a show I'd love to have on DVD. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Z3r02007 wrote:
[some idiot's deleted abuse of a certain word]

See? This is why people don't like Rozen Maiden. It's inspired too many lame 4chan memes.

Luckily for myself, I got into the show long before I heard of 4chan, so I consider myself lucky. I love the show personally. Shinku and Sugintou are just great characters and the staircase wars was one of the funniest episodes of an anime that I've seen.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Excellent. I've been hearing good things about this anime for a while, and I've been wanting to see it. ^^ I'm glad I'll finally get a chance to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
gamersglory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I herd rose and seven so i thought Nana
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7