• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Licenses Rozen Maiden

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar235

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quote
I loved Shuffle! and Rozen Maiden...so either one getting picked up would make me very happy. Hmm...it really is about time though in Rozen Maiden's case, plus this is probably the only anime my mom might actually like since she has herself a victorian doll collection. In fact she'll probably fall in love with it, she'll probably think they are more alive then she already does. Rolling Eyes Laughing Anyways I personally liked Rozen Maiden and compared to NANA's story line (from what I heard) I rather have Rozen Maiden and my Sugintou. Wink

Oh I also liked Disgaea but I wouldn't say it was better.

Heh jeeze you practically outlined the damn thing liloaznangel Laughing not sure about this one though "'cause that's what ANGELs do, they ASSASINATE."

Last edited by omar235 on Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:08 am Reply with quote
Well sweet, now I know exactly what I knew in the first place.

However like I said, I didn't put clues that I should've put....and that makes me just a little bit the same as I always am. I'm glad Rozen Maiden was finally picked up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
IvoryBirch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
I loved Shuffle! and Rozen Maiden...so either one getting picked up would make me very happy. Hmm...it really is about time though in Rozen Maiden's case, plus this is probably the only anime my mom might actually like since she has herself a victorian doll collection. In fact she'll probably fall in love with it, she'll probably think they are more alive then she already does. Rolling Eyes Laughing Anyways I personally liked Rozen Maiden and compared to NANA's story line (from what I heard) I rather have Rozen Maiden and my Sugintou. Wink

Well, I love Victorian dolls, which is why I watched Rozen Maiden in the first place, but I really didn't like the series much. Also, how can you judge Nana without actually having read it or seen it?
IvoryBirch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:13 am Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
Heh jeeze you practically outlined the damn thing liloaznangel Laughing not sure about this one though "'cause that's what ANGELs do, they ASSASINATE."

A reference to Suigintou maybe? (She has wings akin to an angel and is trying to "assassinate" Shinku.)
Angel_White_Wings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:21 am Reply with quote
Would I be better off purchasing the complete box series in Japanese Region 2 disc of Rozen Maiden or waiting for the release to see what specials Geneon will throw into the DvD if licensed? Do you think that would be worth it, or would I be troubling myself to wait for the series?

Reading all these comments, I'm surprised. Perhaps a lot of the fans aren't speaking up, but I was sure that this series had many from what I was hearing. Very surprised by darkside31337's posts the most.

But I like how you stood for what you believed in, even if others opposed. Smile
omar235

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quote
IvoryBirch wrote:
omar235 wrote:

Well, I love Victorian dolls, which is why I watched Rozen Maiden in the first place, but I really didn't like the series much. Also, how can you judge Nana without actually having read it or seen it?

Thats why I said from what I have heard, a friend of mine gave me his own little overview of it. Wink I have also seen the first 8 episodes.

IvoryBirch wrote:
A reference to Suigintou maybe? (She has wings akin to an angel and is trying to "assassinate" Shinku.)

Thats the reason I would think she would use but I wouldn't really say Suigintou was trying to assassinate Shinku though there was one scene where she atempted to assassinate Jun.
tamaneko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quote
IvoryBirch wrote:

Well, I love Victorian dolls, which is why I watched Rozen Maiden in the first place, but I really didn't like the series much.

Odd...it's the exact opposite for me. It was 4chan's /b DESU spamming that forced me to watch this show even though it was about dolls, which I find quite freaky and disturbing in real-life, and yet I ended up loving it. Try watching it again though, it's a good show. If you didn't like Season 1, try Traumend, which is a lot darker than the first season in story.

Anyway, since you're a fan of Victorian dolls, what do you think of this Shinku doll? I REALLY hope that Rozen Maiden finally getting licensed will lead to more merchandise being made, especially this one for the U.S!

ZaWarudo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:08 am Reply with quote
How can you hate this?

bakaShin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:08 am Reply with quote
wow i feel like sort of an otaku failure for not getting the most clues for the right anime. I got like 15 clues for RM and 19 clues for Ouran and submitted both in the contest, im hoping i dont get DQ and i can still win but this might be against the rules.

Objectively i can appreciate the artwork and story of RM, but after watching the whole serie i felt selfconscious and a bit creepy. The conceptual use of dolls other than in a comedical or action oriented anime is weird and i would tend to believe that this will not go beyond the niche demographic.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:13 am Reply with quote
I've been reading the manga, but I thought as reading it that this is one of the series that are more entertaining to follow animated. 2007 seems like it will be a good year for us anime fans, with so many awesome licenses this year Cool
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quote
ZaWarudo wrote:
How can you hate this?

The fact that that's probably EXACTLY what the Rozen Maiden dolls would look like both scares me and invokes a certain... moe feeling, especially with the blinking.
ManetherenW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:42 am Reply with quote
liloaznangel wrote:
yay it's finally been announced officially. now i'm gonna post what i had submitted (more or less) so people who KNOW Rozen Maiden can tell how much i got right. please bear in mind, inever seen the show, i just know enough based off what i've seen in pictures and what otherpeople have said ^^; that's why i'm posting it to see if i wasn't pulling some BS clues 'cause i didn't know better.

-"All DOLLed up" @ 00:05
-"ROSE" @ 02:26
-"How many do you have, SEVEN?" @ 02:35
-"'cause that's what ANGELs do, they ASSASINATE." @ 06:39
-"Can you ORDER THINGS ONLINE?" ... "You can ORDER ANYTHING ONLINE" @ 09:09
-"It's so easy to ORDER THINGS ONLINE" ... "I've ORDED so much for ME" @ 09:36
-"Everyone should have their own VASSEL." ... "People that have to SERVE others." ... "GIVES ORDERS TO, DO WHATEVER YOU SAY, feed us" @ 10:36
-"You said that there were TWELVE EPISODES... I've noticed that alot of NEW SHOWs have only TWELVE EPISODES per SEASON" @ 11:34
-"FIRST SEASON IS TWELVE EPISODES, SECOND SEASON IS TWELVE EPISODES." @ 12:02
-"Is trying to SUCCEED FATHER's throne" ... "ALONG WITH MANY OTHER..." @ 13:41
-"Speaking of BOXING THINGS"..."'cause ALL GOOD THINGS COME IN BOXES" @ 16:31
-"IT'S NOT A POLARIZING SERIES, WHERE THERE A VILLAIN AND A GOOD GUY, THEY ARE ALL TRYING THEIR BEST" @ 19:06
-"Vanilla with PEACH" @ 20:51
-"The only things that count ARE UNDER FOUR FEET TALL" @ 22:55

i had reasonings why i picked them, but delted them in fear of sounding stupid, though i'll explain why i picked a quote if someone asks.

Also

(both originally talking about Disgaea... but work for RM too)

-PS2 Game
-12 episodes on 6 DVD Volumes in Japan
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Well, I'm happy. Now I can dump my downloads and finally own this baby!!! YEE HAW!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

I will echo this sentiment. Spring is sooner than I would have expected, and judging by a 4-ep start, this means 3 volumes. I sure hope they plan on releasing Träumend as well.

Yep! It's so cool that a lot of good stuff is coming out. 'Black Lagoon', 'Kurau 'Phantom Memory'', 'Rozen Maiden', 3 shows that I'm looking forward to owning this year! Very Happy Very Happy Anime hyper

And since 'RM' is 12 ep., I'm hoping on the 4 ep. ea. deal. My friend and I are really excited. Of course my friend is even more excited. Mr. Green Mr. Green Anime hyper Anime hyper
liloaznangel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
IvoryBirch wrote:

Thats the reason I would think she would use but I wouldn't really say Suigintou was trying to assassinate Shinku though there was one scene where she atempted to assassinate Jun.

I was thinking of Suigintou because of her wings and her trying to 'kill' others ^^;

ManetherenW wrote:
(both originally talking about Disgaea... but work for RM too)

-PS2 Game
-12 episodes on 6 DVD Volumes in Japan

I figured the emphasized the 12 episode thing enough so i didn't digress onto episode per dvd count. i figured that was generic of almost any anime release on japan.
i was unaware that there was a RM PS2 game. darn.
Rin Tohsaka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quote
ZaWarudo wrote:
How can you hate this?

Easily.

Damn weeaboo nerds spamming DESU~ killed this show for me.

I'd rather have Higurashi than this piece of crap.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7