• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Harder and Harder to find Manga

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Anyone looking for new copies of Berserk should be pretty pleased around October 23. Smile
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
No way! Shut up... Please tell me this means what I think it does Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:32 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
No way! Shut up... Please tell me this means what I think it does Wink

Well, I don't know. What do you think it means? Razz
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Rereleases! If so shut up and take my money, all of it! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, I suppose we could...

Just to be clear for everyone else, Dark Horse just told us that they'll be reprinting volumes 1-34, and the expected date for those to be available is 10/23. Very Happy
SSKK6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know about the reprint. I can finally replace the abused and damaged set I shared with my brother once.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
That's very great to hear! I was pretty worried because I believe a few months ago someone linked to a Dark Horse rep saying that reprints of "middle volumes" would probably never happen because of low demand or something (I've been missing volumes 16 and 18 for over a year. I've got everything else up to 22 but even volumes in the 20s were suddenly going OOP!). So glad that turned around! I wonder if the release of the new movies had anything to do with it?
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm up to volume 11 which has cost me more than I want to think about (well worth it though) so I'm glad I can cut my losses and pick the rest of the series up for non OOP prices. I can also replace some of my volumes I.e. 5 which I brought in not the greatest condition.

I will make sure to pick them all up very quickly as I am worried that they will not pump out to many and others are going to pick up on the news, pick them up on the cheap and possibly wait for prices to hike up again.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I was thinking at first I'd just wait for the next Dark Horse sale but I should just go for it while I have the chance.

With this though the only holes in my collection will be Mushishi volume 7, and Evangelion 9 and 10. It looks like 10 is actually back on Righstuf's store under "more arriving soon". I ordered it and I'm hoping it actually does come back in stock, as that would mean that I'd only need to rebuy ONE ombinus (vol. 7-9) rather than 2 to get the whole set in some form
SSKK6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quote
So is this some sort of 10 year anniversary thing for the US Berserk manga? I believe the first volume was printed in October 2003.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:23 am Reply with quote
I would say so or it's a very unluckily coincident as the first volume in the US was released October the 23rd.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote
oh, what a coincidence, Righstuf is having a Dark Horse sale RIGHT NOW!!! Very Happy
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I am going to have to spend a pretty hefty price for Volumes 15-17 of Vagabond. Managed to snab a brand new volume 15 at half the price of Amazon, B&N and Abebooks on eBay. I again have found a seller on Ebay who seems to have a few volumes of 16 & 17 but I am waiting for a response to confirm what language they are in, if anyone's interested I can confirm on here. Smile

Update: both 16 & 17 are in English for anyone who is interested Very Happy
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm having trouble getting a hold of Triton of the Sea 1, any help? I had it ordered at Rakuten, but they don't seem to be getting any more in stock. Oddly enough, some places (rightstuf, book depository) say it hasn't come out yet (according to Amazon, it came out mid-August). And for some reason, it's listed at like $45 on used book sellers, which makes no sense, it just came out! Can anyone check their comic shops for me? I neeeeed it! I need all the Teuzka!
SSKK6

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I've noticed that too, classicalzawa. It's confusing. I don't plan on getting any of Triton of the Sea 'til AX2014 (Akadot usually brings in mountains and mountains of rare DMP books)

I can say that I haven't seen the book for sale at Kinokuniya or any other manga shop I've been to this week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 48 of 76