• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Licenses Rozen Maiden

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDMAX980

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quote
ZaWarudo wrote:
How can you hate this?

I nearly crapped my pants when I saw this blinking.
irishninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Finally!

Two random thoughts:
• That blinking doll picture is creepy. Shocked

• To those who hate the show: Yes, we get it. You hate the show. We're sorry it wasn't a property you wanted to see licensed, but please just let us fans of RM have our moment to be happy. Thank you. Smile
Thinkersblock07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote
irshininja wrote:

I agree with you 100%! Shocked
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Thinkersblock07 wrote:
irshininja wrote:

I agree with you 100%! Shocked

...I think it's cute, but I saw the comments about it blinking before I actually saw it blinking and...I collect dolls, too. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Illusionary_Systems

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:07 am Reply with quote
irishninja wrote:
• To those who hate the show: Yes, we get it. You hate the show. We're sorry it wasn't a property you wanted to see licensed, but please just let us fans of RM have our moment to be happy. Thank you. Smile

Who cares if people don't like RM? Fact is it is now licenced and soon to be released. Smile

Rin Tohsaka wrote:
ZaWarudo wrote:
How can you hate this?

Easily.

Damn weeaboo nerds spamming DESU~ killed this show for me.

I'd rather have Higurashi than this piece of crap.

I've learnt from experience that sometimes you need to separate the anime from the fandom. Don't let it ruin something you might otherwise enjoy. Wink
Hikaru Suzuhara

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quote
Rozen Maiden sounds like an Angelic Layer Ripoff. The only difference in their similarities being that the dolls are alive. So tell me, how similar are they?
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:56 am Reply with quote
Hikaru Suzuhara wrote:
Rozen Maiden sounds like an Angelic Layer Ripoff. The only difference in their similarities being that the dolls are alive. So tell me, how similar are they?

Not at all!! At least not in my opinion. For one, the mood alone in Rozen Maiden is totally different than Angelic Layer. And it's not nearly as much about fighting as it is about the relationships between the dolls... it's a weird mash of comedy and semi-dark drama actually ^^;;

You should give it a chance!! Watch past the first episode, though, because I think some people just can't take it seriously in the beginning. But it gets better!! XD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
evilnekohilda wrote:
Hikaru Suzuhara wrote:

Not at all!! At least not in my opinion. For one, the mood alone in Rozen Maiden is totally different than Angelic Layer. And it's not nearly as much about fighting as it is about the relationships between the dolls... it's a weird mash of comedy and semi-dark drama actually ^^;;

You should give it a chance!! Watch past the first episode, though, because I think some people just can't take it seriously in the beginning. But it gets better!! Anime hyper

It's nothing like Angelic Layer. In Angelic Layer, we focus more upon the people that control the dolls and their training for the tournament/ their relationships.

In Rozen Maiden the dolls are considerably bigger and alive, thinking for themselves and beating up on Shinku's master. And the tournament they're in isn't in an arena and it's to the death.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
And the tournament they're in isn't in an arena and it's to the death.

If anything, it bears more of a resemblance to Fate/stay night, given that it's more of a "hunt and kill the other six before they hunt and kill you" sort of arrangement, and not really an organized tournament.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
And the tournament they're in isn't in an arena and it's to the death.

If anything, it bears more of a resemblance to Fate/stay night, given that it's more of a "hunt and kill the other six before they hunt and kill you" sort of arrangement, and not really an organized tournament.

Ahh that's true, and the Holy Grail would be becoming Alice. It really is a lot like Fate/Stay Night. Except that the masters in Rozen Maiden don't do much while in Fate/Stay Night, they are pretty active and fight too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Is that an actual doll doing that or is that just a picture that was made? Because it sure as hell looks real Shocked
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:35 pm Reply with quote
The doll is real, but it looks like someone manipulated the picture to do the blinking.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I think the blinking thing makes her look sexy....
omar235

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I had a bad experience with dolls with eyes that move due to my sister having a doll whose eyes moved when you tilt its head and I didn't know that and I walked into her room with the dolls eyes closed in the middle of the night and my sister was hiding behind her bed and I look back and see its shining eyes in the night. Shocked yes it was damn scary and I had nighmare for a while. still do

Anyways Rozen Maiden is noting like Angelic layer as was already stated, I don't even think Jun trained any of them they just had power.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
The "all dolled up" (or something along those lines) statement at the very beginning of the podcast pretty much gave it away. If any Rozen Maiden fan didn't clue in on that clue, I wouldn't know what to say.

And I assume that they didn't license Träumend. All in due time, I say. Smile

I'm not even a fan and that gave it away to me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7