• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Licenses Rozen Maiden

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I tried watching Rozen Maiden and I just didn't enjoy it. I don't see what the hype is. It's just all the 4channers who will buy the release for DESU DESU DESU etc. to inflate sales.

Meh. I don't know what's so great about it. To each their own. It's terribly ironic that I entered the contest and hopefully got most of the clues. It'd be awesome to trade it in for a volume of Haruhi... Anime hyper
bayoab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quote
MJP wrote:
It's just all the 4channers who will buy the release for DESU DESU DESU etc. to inflate sales.
4channers... buy? Surely you jest.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
irishninja wrote:

• To those who hate the show: Yes, we get it. You hate the show. We're sorry it wasn't a property you wanted to see licensed, but please just let us fans of RM have our moment to be happy. Thank you. :)

My thoughts exactly.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quote
I am extremely excited about this! I can not wait to see what Geneon does with this title. I'm very curious to see which dubbing group they go with and who will get cast in which parts, not to mention how they translate things. Then there's the little question about the packaging they'll use when it hits the stores. (Please give us an art box! I'm begging.)

My only concern is that Geneon won't license the whole thing. The first series is great, but it's the second series Traumend that really hits hard. (And the OVA that just came out rocked.)

Now, if the anime makers will just put out a third series I can explode with joy.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
I(Please give us an art box! I'm begging.)

Out of curiosity, how many recent titles haven't had an art box? Just about everything gets one now a days. I miss the days when a box was used to hod the whole series so they'd ship in something better than just shrinkwrapped sets. It's just a gimmick now to tempt completests nine times out of ten anyway (being one myself...). Five to sometimes ten bucks for a piece of folded cardboard. Whoop de doo. I'l buy a manga instead. I kind of wish they'd stop it (at least the ones with just a box). Rolling Eyes No need to beg, it's pretty much certain.

Cool that Geneon picked it up. I'm sure they'll grab the rest. When are the winners going to be announced? I'm curious to know how badly I lost. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:15 am Reply with quote
No wonder why I hated DESU in the first place....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDVFiw4j91c
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Renaisance Otaku wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
(Please give us an art box! I'm begging.)
Out of curiosity, how many recent titles haven't had an art box?
Not many, but I'm a nervous worrier by nature. ADV's burned me on a few titles by not putting out an art box and I'm still not sure if Geneon's going to do one for Shagukan no Shana.

Sometimes companies put out a box that can barely be called that. (Bandai's release of My-Hime comes to mind. That box really is just some folded cardboard.)

I just really want a nice one, something sturdy, hopefully one with some sort of nice extra. (A small PVC figure would be nice.)
NGE1113

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:25 pm Reply with quote
And at this point, it seems there won't be an artbox, after all.
Shana product search on Right Stuf

Tcch. This annoys the artbox freak in me Mad. But on the bright side, Bandai is supposed to release an actual artbox with My-Him vol. 7.
ZaWarudo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:55 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
I am extremely excited about this! I can not wait to see what Geneon does with this title. I'm very curious to see which dubbing group they go with and who will get cast in which parts, not to mention how they translate things. Then there's the little question about the packaging they'll use when it hits the stores. (Please give us an art box! I'm begging.)

My only concern is that Geneon won't license the whole thing. The first series is great, but it's the second series Traumend that really hits hard. (And the OVA that just came out rocked.)

Now, if the anime makers will just put out a third series I can explode with joy.

Teehee, is that some Slow Step in your avatar? I just read tha- ahem. It would be weird for them not to license Traumend. If the first series has really bad sales then they might not, but I doubt their expectations are too high.

I wonder if the dub will do like the manga where Suiseiseki says "yes" instead of "desu."
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Geneon does have Traumend. They said so in their latest podcast.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Geneon does have Traumend. They said so in their latest podcast.

Have they made any mention of Ouverture?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

Have they made any mention of Ouverture?

Geneon's press release on Rozen Maiden mentions it, but I don't think I've seen any confirmation that they have it.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I just hope they do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Shrouder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I was surprised to hear this was licensed. Not because it is a bad show, but because it seemed kind of an obscure title. I just finished watching the series the day it was licensed. It's a very good show, and it was a good idea for geneon to do this. I know I'll buy it. Can't wait for the English dubs.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote
My gf has been beating me left and right for a release date for the American Release. I stumbled upon this title by accident and she literally pushed me out of my chair to see it. It became one of her 3 new addictions. Better not mention to her this thread........ The show does look really nice and I am looking forward to seeing what kind of job is done with the dubbing. If it sucks I'll just switch it to subs so no loss there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7