• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haré+Guu Joins Funimation Channel

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosbladeuk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:56 am Reply with quote
It's about time! Hare-Guu is one of the most funniest shows ever and having this on the funimation is good news for the series.
Cristina Vee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:30 am Reply with quote
This is very cool. I'm excited to watch it. Smile
bennyb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quote
If I had this channel, I'd watch it
elsie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing it's only the full Funimation channel and not the Funimation block on Colours though. If they won't add new series to the Colours block, I wish they would at least add new episodes.
herbkir

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quote
Current FuniTV schedule on ColoursTV shows no new shows for week of Jan. 29, so Hare+Guu must only be on the full 24/7 Funi Channel service. Unless there's some last-minute changes.

It's too bad the FuniTV block doesn't get changes more often. And it remains a total mystery to me why they haven't advanced long series like Case Closed past the first 26 episodes. I watched the block avidly at first, but now I've seen all the block's shows of interest to me. I haven't watched it in a long time and won't return to it unless they make some changes, like new episodes and new series.

Also annoying is that Colours' online schedule for the block never gives the episode number being shown, and the onscreen guide's descriptions are generic blurbs for an entire series, not for individual episodes. I'd rewatch certain favorite episodes, if I knew when they were playing. But Colours doesn't tell me and neither does Funimation, so I don't bother.

I thought the syndicated block was a great idea for expanding the Funimation audience and building demand for the full 24/7 service, but I fear this effort may wither away for lack of Funi's attention. (^_*)
NGE1113

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Haré + Guu's a pretty nice addition to a fairly solid (though awfully repetitive) lineup. Now, if only FiOs was avilable in the Harrisonburg market...
Gobolatula

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Today Funimation Channel... tomorrow THE WORLD.

Hare+Guu's apparently not been selling too well, despite the fact that so many people enjoy the show. AN Entertainment has licensed Hare+Guu and Hare+Guu DELUXE (The OVA) and due to poor sales, it's unlikely that they'll license Hare+Guu FINAL.

I mean, sure, I could go download some fan sub or whatever, but AN Entertainment's been really kicking ass with their release of this series. The dub's great, the translation's great, nice extras, great packaging...

My hope is that Hare+Guu is viewed by a bunch of people who are like, "What the hell is this..." And then after watching, they're like, "Holy living crap. This is awesome" and buy a trillion DVDs so AN Entertainment can stroke their beards, call up Japan, and get FINAL licensed up.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote
herbkir wrote:
Current FuniTV schedule on ColoursTV shows no new shows for week of Jan. 29, so Hare+Guu must only be on the full 24/7 Funi Channel service. Unless there's some last-minute changes.

Which is a shame, because the CoLours TV block is in HORRIBLE need of a new schedule. The few Kodocha, Detective Conan, Dragon Ball, & Yuu Yuu Hakusho episodes they air have been utterly run into the ground, as have Blue Gender, Kiddy Grade, Tenchi Muyo! GXP, and Spiral (and Baki was complete crap to begin with), they only air the same three Lupin III movies over and over again, Slayers & Negima are already starting to get old fast...about the only show left that's still enjoyable to watch is Fruits Basket. Well, that and Galaxy Railways, which got the boot a while ago.

I mean, is it really so painful for them to throw on some new Lupin movies? Missed by a Dollar? Island of Assassins? Tokyo Crisis? And what about moving on to the next arcs in all the really long shows? New batches of Kodocha, Conan, Yuu Yuu, & DB would be real nice. And new shows...it's not like they have any shortage of stuff they can air. What about Desert Punk? Moonphase? Hell, I'd even take crap like Burst Angel just to have something different to keep me watching.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
the_silent_child

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Thats awesome. I think one of the best parts though is the OP song. Such a curve ball.
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I loved the Colours block when it first started airing, but like many others, I stopped watching it when they only aired repeats. At least they finally have their own commercials now instead of those global warming public service announcements. Laughing The channel has a tendency of being a bit sloppy as well. Did anyone else notice that they skipped an episode of Kodocha?

I'm also confused as to why they don't air new episodes of their longer shows. Case Closed has so many episodes! I thought it might've been because they didn't want to air the episodes while they are still releasing new episodes on DVD, but what about Yu Yu Hakusho? As I recall, that show finished airing on Cartoon Network quite some time ago...
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote
NimbusRain wrote:
I loved the Colours block when it first started airing, but like many others, I stopped watching it when they only aired repeats. At least they finally have their own commercials now instead of those global warming public service announcements.

Oh! And AIDS! Don't forget the AIDS commercials!

I always find it hard to catch because it's only on my free-to-air satelite and my family always want to watch tv themselves. It did inspire me to seek out Galaxy Railways though, since it was awesome. I'd already seen some Kodocha, Spiral, and Case Closed, but they still retain their charm. I know they have Kodocha done into the 40s as far as DVD releases go, so I'd like more of that, as well as more Case Closed. I just hope they get more anime there in general.

And it never ceases to amaze me that Fruits Basket is so rewatchable. I can just watch episodes over again without ever being bored.
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quote
Gobolatula wrote:

Hare+Guu's apparently not been selling too well, despite the fact that so many people enjoy the show. AN Entertainment has licensed Hare+Guu and Hare+Guu DELUXE (The OVA) and due to poor sales, it's unlikely that they'll license Hare+Guu FINAL.

I.

Oh really? I love this show, this motivates me to want to purchase this series even more. (Actually I have started, but I have trouble finding any of the volumes in order, so I resorting to buying random ones, since I've seen it fansubbed)

I hope more people will see this show.
bakaShin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:29 am Reply with quote
i really wished they would just air a couple (like 1 or 2, of course the more the better) of the new animes they licence and are recently released on dvd to promote the new series they have.

sort of boring that they just rerun all the older titles they have that have been aired many times already.
Nermal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quote
Gobolatula wrote:
My hope is that Hare+Guu is viewed by a bunch of people who are like, "What the hell is this..." And then after watching, they're like, "Holy living crap. This is awesome" and buy a trillion DVDs so AN Entertainment can stroke their beards, call up Japan, and get FINAL licensed up.

That was pretty much my response after watching the 1st episode, and now I'm in love with the series Very Happy
coolGAL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:20 am Reply with quote
This is fantastic Very Happy I love Hare+Guu so much and i am glad that finally it is going to be on TV Just one problem I can't get this channel *Cries* Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2