• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Johnny Yong Bosch Hosts Anime TV

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolGAL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Cool this is great news I am glad one of my fave dub actors is going to do this I think Bosch will do a great job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cristina Vee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Yes. I think this is definately something to look forward to.
Quikosity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I saw the new commercial last night - about time a release date is set!

Johnny Yong Colbert put that reporter ON NOTICE! Can't wait for the real thing~
GoGoRoyBoy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I can say without a doubt, that this is something worth getting into... not that I have any personal stake in the matter. But this should prove very interesting.

Its about time main stream American Pop Culture got a real good taste of Anime.

Anime Tv, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
RezSav

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little confused about what this AnimeTV is all about, so maybe someone can help me. I get that its a podcast, but is that all it is? From what I've seen of the trailer, it looks like they're marketing it as a real TV show, like it'll actually air on MTV or something, so will it?
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
It's LIKE a real TV show...but it's a podcast. That's the feeling I get, anyway.

I'm already subscribed to the podcast. Anime hyper They were actually looking for reviewers and such earlier, but I guess they found those now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Quikosity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Judging by what the website says, it'll be an internet-only deal, released on iTunes and Youtube. That's not to say that they're maybe not thinking about taking it to TV someday, but I think for now we'll only be seeing it on the Internets.

Either way, I think Bang Zoom will try to polish it up to appear TV-worthy, they haven't let me down on the quality of their products yet.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little worried, based on the videos found here:

http://www.goanimetv.com/new/index.html

It seems like some early 90s Nintendo Power promotional video! ><

Still, though, I have hope this can turn out good. It seems Johnny Yong Bosch is really getting popular, though. It was funny while watching him (talking like Ichigo, no less), since he was once a Power Ranger. It brought back memories... Very Happy
relak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quote
ooh. I'lldefinately check this out.

Been a fan of Johnny Yong bosch ever since Trigun.
Dark Mysty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I just know a certain Johnny Bosch fangirl friend of mine is going to love this. I might just check it out too.
rpgmaster1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quote
His real voice does sound like Ichigo. Hearing him as Renton Thurston in Eureka Seven is painful, but I got used to it over time since he looks very short for a 14 year old like Edward Elric of FMA. He is really getting a lot of attention and roles lately in anime. It's really odd that we have a new generation of VAs for the 21st century who will do any role for any anime. Even those that recently moved like Megan Hollingshead, Sam Brent Regal, Kyle Hebert, Dameon Clarke, and Travis Willingham are getting some roles. Those VAs from the 90s are long gone since they probably either retire of became union VAs. Only Michelle Ruff, Wendee Lee, and Dave Wittenburg are still active after all this time with many roles to boot. Dorothy-Elias Fahn, Melissa Fahn, and Bridget Hoffman have only very few roles in anime. I was shocked that Sherry Lynn was casted as Sakura Matou in Fate/Stay Night. Her last major role was Cheza in Wolf's Rain and that was with Bosch as Kiba. She did tried out as Mikuru in SHnY but probably didn't get the role most likely. I wish some VAs would return like Brianne Siddal, Sandy Fox, and Lia Sargent but I guess they have moved on.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:51 am Reply with quote
Nice, good ol' Johnny is hosting. I'll be sure to subscribe to this podcast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ghoumschloqie
Company Representative

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
It's LIKE a real TV show...but it's a podcast. That's the feeling I get, anyway.

I'm already subscribed to the podcast. Anime hyper They were actually looking for reviewers and such earlier, but I guess they found those now.

I just wanted to let you know, MorwenLaicoriel that we are still looking for reviewers. You can sign up at the goanimetv.com website.

Thank you everyone for all of your positive feedback. I assure you there will be something for everyone in the show so none of you will leave disapointed.

I can field any questions you may have, but I don't want to reveal too much. Some things you'll just have to wait for.

Thanks,

Mark Fujita
Creative Director
AnimeTV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediJaina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quote
Not exactly sure what to ask.

I guess maybe is Johnny Yong Bosch the host every podcast or will there be a different person each time?

Are other VA's involved?

That's all I can think of right now.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, here's one question...do reviewers have to live in the LA area? Or can they be from wherever?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2