• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note: The Last Name Box Office Figures

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Maybe that's because everybody wanted to see how L was going to figure things out. They need to hurry up and bring these movies over here.
Wing_Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quote
wow x__x

the results are A LOT better than i expected.

I already saw the first film. I love how Ryuk is done in it ^^ i wasn't too crazy over the first movie overall though. The previews for the second one looks like that movie is a lot better.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Wing_Goddess wrote:
I already saw the first film. I love how Ryuk is done in it ^^ i wasn't too crazy over the first movie overall though. The previews for the second one looks like that movie is a lot better.

Ryuk was definetly well done for the movie, I saw it myself too. I also liked how the characters were shown and everything, and I loved Fujiwara Tatsuya's performance as Light too.
Loren Leah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised it did so well. The second movie is everything the second half of the manga ought to have been, but wasn't.

I got to see it in the theater and absolutely loved it. I hope the DVDs come out soon...
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quote
Loren Leah wrote:
I'm not surprised it did so well. The second movie is everything the second half of the manga ought to have been, but wasn't.

I got to see it in the theater and absolutely loved it. I hope the DVDs come out soon...

so it's an alternate telling of Death Note's universe with the same characters? i haven't been able to see any of the movies yet, but i want to very much! and just from what i've read here, it sounds like i'm likely to sorta enjoy the "Last Name" one, and then really enjoy this new one! Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1