• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyousougiga TV Ads Introduce Mirror Version of Kyoto

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinamara

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:20 am Reply with quote
Seriously? TWO recap episodes in a one cour show?! Why couldn't they just slash it to ten episodes and spare us the inevitable two weeks of wait?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
vinamara wrote:
Seriously? TWO recap episodes in a one cour show?! Why couldn't they just slash it to ten episodes and spare us the inevitable two weeks of wait?

Perhaps they have valid reasons for it, since it seems it was intentionally planned, and not a result of time constraints.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:06 am Reply with quote
vinamara wrote:

I think it depends more on the "special" episode; If the series starts or finishes with an hour long episode then they probably need one of those just to recoup their losses; "Just look at this amazing animation! Now look at it again!"

The second one could be an info dump; "Stuff you need to know but we have no idea how to work it in the series."

And they could also be playing for a specific time and they need those weeks.

Or they could be lazy and they're warning their audience ahead of time. "We'll be taken regular breaks so be prepared."
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote
The recap could also be a reairing/do of the original ona or all the episodes of the series since that would fill up two TV episodes.

Last edited by Tanteikingdomkey on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Well regardless of the 'break episodes' I'm looking forward to this, I love my crazy and over the top shows!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1