• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kiddy Grade Gets Second Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ostsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:10 am Reply with quote
Err. . . you mean Kiddy Grade, right? Or is this a new spoof of it? Wink
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:12 am Reply with quote
Hey, hey hey,

I'm glad to hear this. I loved KG. I hope it doesn't stink.
chaosbladeuk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:26 am Reply with quote
Wow a series aired 5 years ago finally gets a second season. Personally I found that KG was good looking but had absolutely no substance in story telling or character development (usually the case by Studio Gonzo). It would be interesting to see, as the show would probably look stunning compared to the first.
Zeiram

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:13 am Reply with quote
i think you posted this a month back or so. the only news this time around is that they updated their webpage
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:17 am Reply with quote
i loved this show even though the last two or three episodes were odd.
I hope Funi gets it and releases it in the two disc boxes....because that 3 episode a disc thing was really...odd.

but i'm jumping ahead three years....yay for a second season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Well, I can't wait. I still have to pick up the last 2 vols. I only wish I had waited and got that box set for $48 during the Xmas sale. Oh well.

I can't wait because to be honest after doing shows during the years of 2003 to end of 2006, I haven't seen anything else I'm interested in checking out. So far I have a small list for 2007. And season 2 of 'KG' is on that list. Wink
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Well, I can't wait. I still have to pick up the last 2 vols. I only wish I had waited and got that box set for $48 during the Xmas sale. Oh well.

Same here. Can't seem to find them except through the box sets. Either they don't make or they didn't release them. I hope I'm wrong about the latter.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quote
A bit of news that made my day a little brighter. As long as the sequel avoids an ending like its predecessor, I think I shall enjoy it when it comes out. Time will though, won't it?

britannicamoore wrote:
I hope Funi gets it and releases it in the two disc boxes....because that 3 episode a disc thing was really...odd.

That three episode count per eight disc thing got to me as well. Anime had a pretty firm footing by 2004, so I never saw why releasing it that way was necessary. Six discs would've been great, but I think seven disc releases was the norm then.

fighterholic wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
Same here. Can't seem to find them except through the box sets. Either they don't make or they didn't release them. I hope I'm wrong about the latter.

Which last two volumes were you talking about: the singles, or the "Case File" releases? I found all four items through DVD Pacific, with Best Buy marking down the eighth single to $6.99.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Zeiram wrote:
i think you posted this a month back or so. the only news this time around is that they updated their webpage

The older thread is still active.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:57 am Reply with quote
Ostsol wrote:
Err. . . you mean Kiddy Grade, right? Or is this a new spoof of it? Wink

I finally see what you mean - the URL for the news article is messed up:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-01-29/gits-solid-state-society-in-july
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:

fighterholic wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Which last two volumes were you talking about: the singles, or the "Case File" releases? I found all four items through DVD Pacific, with Best Buy marking down the eighth single to $6.99.

Yeah, it seems you can still find the singles if you really search. You can also find the 'Case Files' since they are still new. I took the 'Case File' DVDs (I should have been more clear) which contains 2 DVDs each. So instead of buying 8 single vols. at 3 ep. ea., you get (4) 2-disc volumes. The boxset is basically the same (4) 2-disc volumes in one box. Technically, half in cost of what the original 8 DVDs cost. But if you're lucky you can find some online shops offering the box for $50-$60+instead of $80+. TRSI was selling it for $48 during the weeks prior to Xmas. Mind you it was not advertised, it was one of many items that was on sale. Meaning you had to search through the online catalog and see if there were any items on sale other than what was advertised. Hope that helps.

So for me I gotta get the last 2 'Case File' DVDs (5&6-7&8). Can't wait until 'Season 2' starts. I just hope that whatever if is prequel or sequel it will turn out ok. Because I can't see much else, provided what we got was the last in that chapter. Smile
purple_monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind if they did a prequel on the 1st gen GOTT members (WAY in the past), or spent some time fleshing out the other teams. Sure, that would make S2 more of a addendum to S1 rather than a fresh story, but I would like to know more about some of the history and teams, especially since there is a decently well constructed world that was given very little background. Of course, a new story wouldn't be bad too. I do wish they'd tone down the pedophilic nods though. And people wonder why everyone thinks anime caters to pedos. The fanservice (especially the pedo fanservice) is the one big knock I have against Kiddy Grade. Otherwise, it's a great show with strong rewatch value.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
purple_monkey wrote:
I do wish they'd tone down the pedophilic nods though. And people wonder why everyone thinks anime caters to pedos. The fanservice (especially the pedo fanservice) is the one big knock I have against Kiddy Grade. Otherwise, it's a great show with strong rewatch value.

Hahahaha!! It's funny I never thought of that when I watched it. Of course later on, I started getting this feeling about the fashion sense. But the idea of a frilly young girl, drinking alcohol and a 15 year old wearing lipstick that gives you super strength. But that's not what they wanted to see.

"It's a great story but we're interested in the loli." Laughing Oh, gawd thank you 'Kadonosono-sensei'!!!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Well, hell look at the company that's doing the show. It's starts with a "G" and ends with a "O" with it's sister company 'gimik'. The same guys that did 'Uta~Kata', <shudder> and that has something "pedoly" disturbing about it. They did that same crap with 'BakuTen'. I didn't need a worms-eye view of 'Amy' taking a XXX Shocked . Don't be surprised if those overtones appear again. Hahaha!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Chrno2 on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mufurc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quote
purple_monkey wrote:
I do wish they'd tone down the pedophilic nods though.

That's pretty unlikely, given the current trends in anime. Also, I have a feeling that this second season is mostly thanks to Hirano Aya playing a loli...
purple_monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:
purple_monkey wrote:
I do wish they'd tone down the pedophilic nods though.

That's pretty unlikely, given the current trends in anime. Also, I have a feeling that this second season is mostly thanks to Hirano Aya playing a loli...

Yeah. It's kinda disappointing. All that loli fanservice and those very sad people who take pics of themselves hugging a naked Sakura body pillow (ugh!) just doesn't help the picture. I mean, I don't even openly talk about watching anime now because it's just not worth arguing the point anymore.

I don't think Kiddy Grade's gonna tone down the loli-pedoness, since it mostly comes from the clothing, which even though I'm not a fan of it, I don't think they should change it because it wouldn't be Kiddy Grade. It would be nice if they don't increase the pedophilia and get rid of those very suggestive eye-catches.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2