• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruka Tomatsu, Yuka Iguchi Star in Yuri TV Anime Sakura Trick

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I think I have a pretty good idea what the BD/DVD extras should include! Wink
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
DEEN and Ishikura? Well that lowers my expectations tremendously. Still, Tomatsu and Iguchi should be great playing off eachother at least.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
Ishikura's a HidaSke veteran, which should serve him in good stead here.

As for DEEN, their problems are rather overblown, and they've done well in this particular genre.

Very excited to hear Tomatoes and Iguchi making out though.
AP24

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:32 am Reply with quote
Haruka Tomatsu voicing Haruka, who is the more childish one, and Yuka Iguchi voicing Yuu, who is the more mature one!?

Isn't supposed to be other way around given the type of characters each of them usually voices?
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:38 am Reply with quote
I've been pretty excited about this title since it was announced for an anime release. A chance to hear more work by Haruka Tomatsu makes that even better. I love her voice and the kind of personalities she projects.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
Iguchi is voicing the mature one? Awesome, I wanted to hear more of her Aiko voice from True Tears.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote
AP24 wrote:
Haruka Tomatsu voicing Haruka, who is the more childish one, and Yuka Iguchi voicing Yuu, who is the more mature one!?

Isn't supposed to be other way around given the type of characters each of them usually voices?
Yeah it is kind of strange, and its not like there hasn't been character/seiyuu name mismatching before. In other words there never seems to be an issue when a seiyuu has a similar name as a character in a show, but a different person is actually the one voicing that character.

Maybe they just wanted to give her a challenge since she's such an epic actress yet still quite young herself.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:13 am Reply with quote
AP24 wrote:

Just for the record, Haruka is the long-haired one and Yuu is the short-haired one with the pig-tails. But yeah, there's a reversal of personalities. Now we wait and see how they play off each other......if you know what I mean. Anime exclamation
HikariProject

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:57 am Reply with quote
AP24 wrote:

To Love-Ru Darkness has this dynamic going on. Haruka plays the childish Lala and Yuka playa Mea, who has been nothing but a living weapon all her life.

They both did an excellent job there and I'm sure they'll both do fantastic work here as well.
Pangea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:04 am Reply with quote
Oh my god shoujo-ai yes!!! Fav genre, cant wait Sad
yu3lora

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:50 am Reply with quote
OMG! OMG!! I'm gonna watch this. HAHAHAHAHAA!! Laughing
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
DEEN and Ishikura? Well that lowers my expectations tremendously. Still, Tomatsu and Iguchi should be great playing off eachother at least.

Hating on DEEN is so passe since they got [strike]Omata da gawd[/strike] Mamoru Hatakeyama, Mochizuki Tomomi and Yamazaki Mitsue into the fold.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote
Ever since Hatekayama came to DEEn there have been all sorts of cool people invading DEEN studio Ishikura is just one of them,meaning good director = lots of good connections.However even now DEEN is mostly populated by people who suck.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote
neither character seems to be more mature than the other, judging by what has been translated of the manga.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I honestly can't recall the last thing done by DEEN that I liked. Giant Killing is the one I know for sure, but I don't know if there was anything done by them in the 3 years since that I enjoyed. Probably not. In any case, they are not at all a studio that invokes any sort of confidence in their works. And having the director of *boob jiggle* Da Capo III on board definitely does not help its case. I will still be checking it out of course, and it's possible that my much lower expectations I have will help me enjoy the series more.

And if a guy who produced so much low-budget terrible H anime is seen as DEEN's future then I can only wonder.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2