• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Roundup: New Anime in Production

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarukah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone else having problems getting the trailer for Tales of Symphonia to play? It keeps stopping for me after 4 seconds Anime hyper
frubam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quote
mine wouldn't play in windows media player either, but after dl'ing the link and running it through realplayer, it worked just fine. I must say, it looks excellent, though i thought this was gonna be a tv series. Hopefully a tv series, or at least 6+ episodes, cause it'd be too straightforward with not too many hijinks, similar to Arche in ToP. She just didn't have too many chances to be silly because of the length(even though she WAS funny anytime she was acting silly).
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Nope, it's only a 4 episode OVA. Too bad, because there's definately enough story in the game for a longer series....

I hope that if they bring the OVA series over here they could get the English cast for the game (although I doubt it). With a few exceptions, it was really excellent--particularly Cam Clarke as Kratos and Tara Strong as Presea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blanko4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quote
ToS is looking good I must admit. Let's hope the story and music is strong as well. I am disappointed that it isn't playing out exactly like the game but I guess some changes must be done because of the 4 episode limit. I wonder if they'll get to the spoiler[Tethe'alla part of the story]?
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quote
Blanko4 wrote:
ToS is looking good I must admit. Let's hope the story and music is strong as well. I am disappointed that it isn't playing out exactly like the game but I guess some changes must be done because of the 4 episode limit. I wonder if they'll get to the spoiler[Tethe'alla part of the story]?

Agh! They better! spoiler[I've been waiting to be able to watch Zelos in Japanese since the game came out!! I'm a big fan of his seiyuu, and I was really disappointed that there wasn't a Japanese audio option for the game...
Plus, some of my favorite characters are from Tethe'alla.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
tenkado-shujin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Anime News Network wrote:
Shigofumi ~Stories of Last Letter~
[announcement]
Based on Amemiya Ryou's lite novel

I think the family name of the novelist is Amamiya.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I agree that the ToS trailer is looking pretty good. It's like they just refined the game sequences. Genis & Lloyd are looking very much in character. I like how Lloyd spoiler[startles Collete by making that face at her near the end]. It's the little things that define the characters. Being only 4 episodes, I hope the story gets far enough for Genis to spoiler[shout out his magical spells and he won't end up being lame with that little ball toy weapon instead...] Or maybe he'll just start out that way instead to save time...

I hope they decide to bring it over here. Or is that a given? Since we have the game, is it more likely that this will come too? Even if it is only a 4 episode OVA, I still want it. Spring seems like it's soooo far away... Wink
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:50 am Reply with quote
Shorty22 wrote:
Oh, I agree that the ToS trailer is looking pretty good. It's like they just refined the game sequences. Genis & Lloyd are looking very much in character. I like how Lloyd spoiler[startles Collete by making that face at her near the end]. It's the little things that define the characters. Being only 4 episodes, I hope the story gets far enough for Genis to spoiler[shout out his magical spells and he won't end up being lame with that little ball toy weapon instead...] Or maybe he'll just start out that way instead to save time...

I hope they decide to bring it over here. Or is that a given? Since we have the game, is it more likely that this will come too? Even if it is only a 4 episode OVA, I still want it. Spring seems like it's soooo far away... Wink

Well, Geneon is on the production staff so I wouldn't put it past the US division to license it. While it is true that that does not guarantee a license by Geneon as we have seen a number of times, I see no reason to dismiss the possibility. Besides, Geneon USA did license Tales of Phantasia. And provided they use Bang Zoom! Entertainment again, most of the voice actors from the video game should be able to reprise their roles.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:38 am Reply with quote
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð wrote:
And provided they use Bang Zoom! Entertainment again, most of the voice actors from the video game should be able to reprise their roles.

I'm sure that those who work in anime dubs in general would (like Crispin Freeman), I'm just not sure about voice actors that very, very rarely do anime dubs (Cam Clarke and Tara Strong, particularly). Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I get the idea that anime dubbing generally doesn't pay as well as being on an original american show (although I'd hope it's not too big of a difference, it's really sort of unfair otherwise).
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:18 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð wrote:
And provided they use Bang Zoom! Entertainment again, most of the voice actors from the video game should be able to reprise their roles.

I'm sure that those who work in anime dubs in general would (like Crispin Freeman), I'm just not sure about voice actors that very, very rarely do anime dubs (Cam Clarke and Tara Strong, particularly). Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I get the idea that anime dubbing generally doesn't pay as well as being on an original american show (although I'd hope it's not too big of a difference, it's really sort of unfair otherwise).

Hence why I said "most."

And my friend who is a voice major said that unless you're a big shot Hollywood actor, voice acting pays very little no matter where you look.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1