• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation December '13 / January '14 Solicitations

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI...

December 2013

January 2014

Delayed

De-listed; Was Coming Soon, Date to be Determined

======

To Be Officially Confirmed

via Previews | Note: dates below are subtracted by 1 day as Previews lists on Wednesdays.

• Eureka Seven: Complete Collection (DVD) - $49.98 - 1/28/14
  • Eureka Seven: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $59.98 - 1/28/14
  • Eureka Seven: The Movie (DVD) - $29.98 - 1/28/14
  • Eureka Seven: The Movie (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - $34.98 - 1/28/14

Last edited by WTK on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:22 am; edited 13 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote
So...are these solicitations final?

Sorry, dude, couldn't resist.

I've only seen the first third of the FT movie so far but what I saw kinda blew. And I'm a FT fan.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Think maybe the announcement of a Dragonball Z Season 1 Collection on blu-ray indicates that Funimation has finally found a more efficient way of remastering the series for the medium?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping this new DBZ release is a good one; as in, "Yuu Yuu Hakusho-remastered-from-a-good-telecine-quality." I'm still amazed to this day how good YYH looks and would gladly add DBZ to my collection, if not for the nostalgia, alone, then at least for something as monumental to the shounen genre as DBZ was, and with striking video quality to boot.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Gatherum wrote:
Think maybe the announcement of a Dragonball Z Season 1 Collection on blu-ray indicates that Funimation has finally found a more efficient way of remastering the series for the medium?

It means they've found yet another way of repackaging it. But Dragonball on Blu-Ray? Now, that would be something.
stove top stuffing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote
More Ikki Tousen? HELL YEAH! BRING IT ON!
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
TRSI has a new Funimation listing, interestingly it's a sub-only BD/DVD LE combo pack, with an SRP of $49.99:
Oniai BD/DVD Complete Series.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Is this their first sub-only show or at least sub-only BD? That marks a significant change to their previous stance of 'everything released gets dubbed'.

I'm sure Blood- is revolted by the pretentiousness of FUNimation deciding to use the Japanese shorthand name.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Is this their first sub-only show or at least sub-only BD? That marks a significant change to their previous stance of 'everything released gets dubbed'.

I'm sure Blood- is revolted by the pretentiousness of FUNimation deciding to use the Japanese shorthand name.

Other than GITS: Arise, yes I believe it is.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
@ Megiddo - Not in the slightest. I have no problem with anyone using the Japanese name when no official English title has ever been offered.

Wow, so Funi has finally bowed to the sub-only wave. I didn't count Arise in that because the first offering of it was a Japanese import (the regular Funi release of Arise will be dubbed). OniAi, however is not an import. Vellllllly interesting...
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ Megiddo - Not in the slightest. I have no problem with anyone using the Japanese name when no official English title has ever been offered.

So your saying you don't want to see "As Long as There's Love, It Doesn't Matter If He is My Brother, Right" on the side of the box when you have it displayed in your collection?

Blood- wrote:
Wow, so Funi has finally bowed to the sub-only wave. I didn't count Arise in that because the first offering of it was a Japanese import (the regular Funi release of Arise will be dubbed). OniAi, however is not an import. Vellllllly interesting...

While I may be a dub person myself this show doesn't need a dub. It wouldn't benefit since it was just an okay show. I do think they could get away with some shows not getting a dub like shows of a lower quality.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote
@ asimpson2006 - Brevity trumps pretentiousness any day. Wink
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:42 am Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
TRSI has a new Funimation listing, interestingly it's a sub-only BD/DVD LE combo pack, with an SRP of $49.99:
Oniai BD/DVD Complete Series.

Can't say I have a huge attachment to the series, but I have a feeling I'm going to end up buying everything in this release format even if only to support the chance of a lot of the sequels or simulcasts I've wanted they've passed on due to low sales predictions. I'd guess Minami-ke (or maybe Puchimasu) will be next, but the whole streaming Season 4 but not 1-3 thing makes it hard to predict what they're doing. Sentai still hasn't even done anything with ZnT.

That aside I could have sworn last year's December line-up being much larger.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:44 am Reply with quote
I'd have thought they'd trot out a new label for sub-only releases. Either way it's a fun show that's definitely worth the little money they're asking for, so hopefully I'll be able to grab it by then.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

While I may be a dub person myself this show doesn't need a dub. It wouldn't benefit since it was just an okay show. I do think they could get away with some shows not getting a dub like shows of a lower quality.

I however do not; There's the A version and then the Reversion. I wouldn't be able to take DxD without the dub.

I first heard they wouldn't release OniAi at all and I was fine with that; This is a step down and I {one of the few, I suppose} liked the show. If we're going to get Funimation releases without Funimation dubs then we don't need Funimation.

I thought they had standards, I thought they had class. What's left of that other just being Sentai in another damn place in Texas?

Everything doesn't have to be dubbed because everything doesn't have to be licensed. But if you don't have enough faith in a title to dub it, don't release it.

I should be glad that it's cheap-er? The streaming version's already subbed, it's going to be that on BD/DVD so that's a lot of expensive ... encoding ... to be done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5