• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids Unveil Winners of Yu-Gi-Oh Card Design Contest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote
that 3-7 year old was great! Although i'm surprised- normally they' pick a random crappy darwing too. I guess that wasn't to be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
that 3-7 year old was great! Although i'm surprised- normally they' pick a random crappy darwing too. I guess that wasn't to be.

Like the Abzorbaloff! Actually, the Abzorbaloff was an okay idea, but still it did feel like they chose the youngest one to be the winner because he was the youngest.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

Like the Abzorbaloff! Actually, the Abzorbaloff was an okay idea, but still it did feel like they chose the youngest one to be the winner because he was the youngest.

I don't understand why a 9 year old would think of that. It's a awesome idea but it kind of scares me his imagnation works that way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quote
this is what happens when alot of people enter a contest that brings me back when Warner Bros., Wizards of the Coast and 4Kraps Enterkrapment did a similar event, only with Pokemon cards.
i wonder if.... (thinks of same contest, only with Chaotic cards involved)

--The FZ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:35 pm Reply with quote
i always find it hard to trust contests like this. i mean it's cool to think a kid draws this good, but at the same time there's no way of determining how many of them had "Help".
Ninja337

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Too bad the card they put the art on will probubly just be some forgotten yellow common card with 500 ATK.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
i always find it hard to trust contests like this. i mean it's cool to think a kid draws this good, but at the same time there's no way of determining how many of them had "Help".

I entered a Welsh's Jelly contest in the second grade where contestants had to draw a picture of themselves in their favorite place and include Pikachu somewhere in the picture. I knew I wouldn't be able to compete with ten year olds in the 7-10 age category, so I submitted my entry in my little sister's name in the 3-6 group. And you know what?

I won the grand prize. It was a purple Gameboy Color. I still have it, too, even though I sold all of my Gameboy Color games a long time ago. I even didn't feel guilty or anything knowing that I had cheated; I was just too proud of how sneaky I was to care.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I liked the winner's art for the oldest age category. It looks like it could have a really good effect. But like Ninja337 said:

Ninja337 wrote:
Too bad the card they put the art on will probubly just be some forgotten yellow common card with 500 ATK.

That is definitely a possibility. I actually play the Yu-Gi-oh! TCG occasionally for fun, and it's a little bit of a shame that the creator isn't allowed to think up an effect for it, let alone its stats and attributes.

Wolverine Princess wrote:

I entered a Welsh's Jelly contest in the second grade where contestants had to draw a picture of themselves in their favorite place and include Pikachu somewhere in the picture. I knew I wouldn't be able to compete with ten year olds in the 7-10 age category, so I submitted my entry in my little sister's name in the 3-6 group. And you know what?

I won the grand prize. It was a purple Gameboy Color. I still have it, too, even though I sold all of my Gameboy Color games a long time ago. I even didn't feel guilty or anything knowing that I had cheated; I was just too proud of how sneaky I was to care.

LOL Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1