• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Goofs with Big O

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amaya Angel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, I wouldn't be surprised they messed that up... I love Adult Swim and all, but they just mess up the schedule all the time. I wish I worked there, I'd come up with a schedule that'd really work, and it would include all of their shows. (It's mainly because I miss Cowboy Bebop and Lupin III.)

Anyway, yeah, so that's my opinion. Also, the people on their message boards are really immature. I'm 14 and I can use correct spelling better than a lot of those people!
gnollman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Yet another Queen reference with the title of the final episode...
Syker 07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:17 pm Reply with quote
On the one hand...that sucks for everyone highly anticipating the finale of season 2, of which, I am deffinately one.

On the other hand: I missed it anyway. I was just kicking myself earlier today when I realized that it had completely slipped my mind.

Now, it seems, Lady Luck and Karma were talking and realized they'd both royally been giving me the shaft lately, and this must be their little nod of apology.

Li'l L an' Big Karm, no hard feelin's, y'all are scraight n' a rake in my book.

Syker Seven
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Fallout from the mixup still lingers on. Adult Swim is preparing Thursday to air cards complaining, and their are (rather dumb) rumors of a conspiracy theory.
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:19 pm Reply with quote
We have a thread going on this already.
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4028
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:01 am Reply with quote
I'm not angry of what happen but just dissapointed. Evil or Very Mad
jes195

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:12 am Reply with quote
Hey, they messed up, and they are going to fix it. Life happens. We'll all live.
Ariolander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:57 am Reply with quote
Nice to see at least they admited their error, apologised and are doing soemthing about it... Still can't believe they gave up such a popular block to re-air it... at least they show they care for their Big O fans...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Strange, I didn't see Sunday night, but from what I've heard from people showing episode 20 wasn't a mistake at all. I heard they thought it was a good halloween-ish episode and picked it on purpose. I also heard that Brak comments on the episode at some point. I think they did it intentionally, but realized it caused a lot of problems so now they're back peddling trying to make it look like a mistake rather than a poor judgement call.

Oh well, I had to work Sunday night so I'm all for it being shown when I'm off next weekend. Very Happy

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
arxane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Strange, I didn't see Sunday night, but from what I've heard from people showing episode 20 wasn't a mistake at all. I heard they thought it was a good halloween-ish episode and picked it on purpose. I also heard that Brak comments on the episode at some point. I think they did it intentionally, but realized it caused a lot of problems so now they're back peddling trying to make it look like a mistake rather than a poor judgement call.

Oh well, I had to work Sunday night so I'm all for it being shown when I'm off next weekend. :D

Emerje

That's just another conspiracy theory. Episode 20, "Stripes", really didn't have anything halloween-ish about it, just a lot of stuff found in almost all of the "Big O" episodes. And it was Brak's dad who commented about the episode, and all he said was something about tomatoes, which could've applied to the entire second season of "Big O" as a whole and not a single episode. Also, "Big O" isn't the kind of series you can air out of order, like almost all episodes of "Cowboy Bebop" and CN's original shorts, so airing an episode out of order wouldn't make sense.

I really don't see why they would've pulled a stunt like this intentionally. They paid good money to co-produce the second season and want it to succeed in every way possible. To intentionally air a different episode in place of the last episode would be incredibly stupid.
trigunner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't be surprised adult swim screws up all the time. I was really looking forward to that episode as well.......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:44 pm Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
so airing an episode out of order wouldn't make sense.

It would make sence if they were doing it to take part in the special.

However, now that I've taken a bit longer to look into it I've noticed that both the Cartoon Network and Adult Swim websites list 26 for last Sunday. So either they screwed up or they thought they were being funny. I believe it was a mistake since now it's effectivly damaged their schedule for a few weeks coming.

trigunner wrote:
adult swim screws up all the time.

Really, like when?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Glenn Sempai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:29 am Reply with quote
O.K.! What can I say in defense of CN's Adult Swim?

OOPS!

Well, it was nice of them to preempt Family Guy to give us the finally.

Hope you like it!

I Did! Cool

David Glenn
-----------
D Glenn Ent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1