• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York ComicCon 2007

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I am really looking forward to Sunday to hear what rightstuf is going to do, specifically after reading this from their site.

I wonder what the dark lord has up his sleeve, maybe another fire-sale like that Geneon sale or something, that would be really awesome.
purple_monkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I hope someone keeps on bugging ADV to finish those manga that they put on indefinite hold.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
I am really looking forward to Sunday to hear what rightstuf is going to do, specifically after reading this from their site.

Same here. Can't wait to find out what would make Right Stuf hit NYCC at the last minute. No matter what the news turns out to be (whether it be, as Deltakiral said, another fire sale or an out of left field acquisition), my gut feeling tells me I won't be sorry about it.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quote
OK, I just finished watching the American Anime Awards webcast at the con, and I believe we may have gotten an unofficial answer on the AMG S2 dub cast, when it was mentioned that Eileen Stevens would be reprising her role as Belldandy. I would assume this means a return of the season 1 cast, which is a pleasant surprise. Also, big night for Funi and FMA.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
So what's the news from Vertical?
mufurc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:14 am Reply with quote
Any word on who has Ouran Host Club? I heard Viz tried to pick it up but another company had already acquired it. I wonder who.

(Although I don't really care as long as they do a good translation for the sub and put out a high-quality release....)
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:23 am Reply with quote
According to someone on AoD, they asked someone at the Viz Panel (or someone from Viz somewhere) and they said someone had it but it wasn't them. Of course, this is just a person on an internet forum, so take that as you will.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
According to someone on AoD, they asked someone at the Viz Panel (or someone from Viz somewhere) and they said someone had it but it wasn't them. Of course, this is just a person on an internet forum, so take that as you will.

Yes, this is what they said. Viz doesn't have it but some other company does; I'd imagine it will be announced sometime later this year.

It was mentioned a few times at the convention - and in a video reel they had playing at their booth - that ADV had managed to get the voice cast from AMG season 1 to reprise their roles for S2.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm gonna bet on Geneon.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I hope its not Geneon with Ouran. Or Bandi for that matter.
Personally i'd prefer ADV or Funimation.

i hope someone annouces it soon though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:11 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I hope its not Geneon with Ouran. Or Bandi for that matter.
Personally i'd prefer ADV or Funimation.

i hope someone annouces it soon though.

Hmm... I agree with Bandai not getting it, but ADV sucks harder... I'd prefer if Geneon or Funi got this... Geneon has some really good releases under their belt (Ikki Tousen, Girls Bravo), and Funi is getting right up there (Basilisk, Speed Grapher), so I'd like to see what they can do with a shoujo series... ADV on the other hand, anything they touch, the dub turns to crap... they need to spend money on 'actual' voice actors, not the same in-house people who do all of their hundred+ releases every year... when I can spot the same voice doing a character in every release from them, there's a problem, cause I don't think that many characters sound like Greg Ayres or Kira Vincent-Davis... and Osakans don't sound like Texans, dammit!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1