• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: American Anime Awards Winners

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bci110

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quote
The list is missing Vic Mignogna's win for Best Actor.

And Best Actress should read Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Her surname is missing on the list.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
And Best Actress should read Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Her surname is missing on the list.

I think you mean, Best Actress SHOULD read "Luci Christian" for her role in Princess Tutu. (I mean, not because she actually won, but, ya know...) Wink
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quote
it sucks to see BLEACH lose to Ed & Al, but there's always next year!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
bci110

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
bci110 wrote:

I think you mean, Best Actress SHOULD read "Luci Christian" for her role in Princess Tutu. (I mean, not because she actually won, but, ya know...) Wink

Honestly, I agree with you. Luci should've won the award for Tutu. Cool
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
bci110 wrote:

*sob* I knoooow! Poor Chris should've been in the finalists, too! (although I'm a hug fan of Vic's, so I can't say "he should've won" because BOTH really deserved the award...)

Even the person that accepted her award called her 'Mary Elizabeth', though...maybe she's going by that name now?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
firecrouch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this first awards ceremony seemed . . . kinda boring.
Aki Ameko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Wow, a lot of those are very surprising. And how could the forget to put Vic on the list??!! He is like, my favorite now... Now that I've found out he's playing Fai. Mr. Green Good thing I voted for him beforehand!
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quote
FLCL wasn't a comedy.

I don't know what the hell it was, but it wasn't a comedy. More of an alternative film than just comedy.

It had everything in it, I just don't think it was solely a comedy. Maybe it's just me.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quote
...Um...I'd say it was a comedy. I mean, it had drama and action and stuff in there, too, but it's a comedy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kouji

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Why is there a winner listed for best actress in a non-comedy role but not one for best actor? In any case, I'm just glad that Naruto didn't make it onto any of these awards. Don't get me wrong; it's a great series, but it hardly deserves to be the best of anything, especially given the crappy filler-ins. And as an FMA fanboy, I'm glad it won best anime, though I would've been tempted to vote for Macross if it was on the poll. I'm disappointed Akira didn't win best feature. It's just such a classic sci-fi film that's been a major influence on anime and its' growing popularity in the U.S. and it's a film that I think any anime fan should see at least once. But I'm glad Fruits Basket won best manga just because shoujo manga needs to be publicized more and not to mention that it's a truly wonderful and emotionally-moving series. Here's hoping next year's anime awards will be more organized.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Kouji wrote:
Why is there a winner listed for best actress in a non-comedy role but not one for best actor?

Someone must have forgot to put it in there, but I was watching the live video on the website and it was Vic Mignogna.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Fruits Basket won? Here's to all the fans of Fruits Basket!! Very Happy The manga's story is good, funny and dramatic, so I can see why it won.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quote
Is anyone surprised to see Zatch Bell take Best Male and Best Female in comedy.

Go Zatch Bell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:07 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
bci110 wrote:

I agree with that. TUTU was freakin awesome!
I was surprised to see Zatchbell win...twice. But I knew FMA was going to be all over this. But I was surprised and shocked that naruto didn't win.

Oh well till next year.

Last edited by britannicamoore on Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AnimeMajor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:07 am Reply with quote
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn deserved to win Best Actress and I'm thrilled that she did. Sorry, I can't (in good conscience and all) agree with Luci Christian. If you want real deep, emotional, talented v/o acting, Mary Elizabeth is the one!!

Good competition for the Best Actress category, all great candidates, but Mary Elizabeth is by far the best.

What a delicious victory not only for her but for all her devoted fans. Awesome!!

GO MARY ELIZABETH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

[/quote]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5