• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - March 3rd - March 9th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Do my eyes deceive me?! CN is going to show episode 2 of Prince of Tennis?! Why didn't they do this AFTER they originally aired episode 1?! If not for you Brian, I would have missed this, I've been waiting for them to show episode 2, so Thank You! Don't know what I would have done if it weren't for you writing "The Click" every week, in fact I don't know HOW I survived all these years of anime on TV without "The Click" to help me, Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Canuckian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Eh Brian, um not to be a donkey or anything, but isn't it odd that Eureka Seven and Gundam SEED Destiny are airing at exactly the same time on the exact same day, on the exact same channel? Laughing Well YTV has now pushed Eureka Seven to 11:00 PM EST after Bleach, and before Gundam SEED at 11:30 PM EST.

Easy mistake, as The Click is probably written weeks before, and only recently did we know where Eureka was going.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Canada's only one episode ahead of us in Bleach, not two.
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Okay, here are some of my words, with added qutoes:

.hack//Timeslot_Problems_In_A_Very_Popular_Franchise
LordBryonius wrote:
Speaking of series that were ignominiously dumped into unwatchable timeslots - here's .hack, another big-name franchise that failed to ignite the imaginations and wallets of American anime fans!

//SIGN did alright, and Newtype//USA is doing two sections about //ROOTS. (Febuary & March 2007 issues).
To Ted Turner: Move the show 8 hours later!
========
Miley Cyrus vs. the female anime community
LordBryonius wrote:
So, as frustrating as it is that in this era of increased telecommunication conglomeration it is nigh-impossible for niche anime-only networks to increase their market penetration; irritating though it may be that shoujo or anything slightly leaning towards female viewers is nearly nonexistent; and sad as it is that Naruto still lags in certain key demographics behind Hannah Montana, all you guys out there are keepin' the hope alive. And you're all awesome.

Only 35% of the Miley fans watch anime all the time instead of watching Lily bragging about Miley's life and actions 24/7. 65% of the Miley fans watch her sing constantly on Disney Channel, and listen to her songs on Radio Disney (and also reading J14 magazine, and buying the Hannah Montanna soundtrack, severial others who owns the soundtrack to the show might atempt to use "If We Were A Movie" as a vocal example to turn Disney-baised songs into Reggeaton tracks that makes the girls go wild for no reason at all.)
Note to self: stop watching Disney Channel!
=======
MAR's Return to order.
LordBryonius wrote:
Thank heavens Cartoon Network is airing this show in proper order - audiences might not have noticed all of MAR's subdued subtleties and nuances otherwise.

Thank god that MAR and PoT are airing in order this time, that bad scheduling did really hurt my eyes like the time Orihme got clocked by that black cat on BLEACH episode 21.
MAR and PoT fans, your prayers have been anwsered!
=======
4KidsTV's Dub Piece and their bad puns that lead to their extinction
LordBryonius wrote:
If you think I'm joking when I say things like "every third word of every line spoken in the One Piece dub is a terrible, terrible pun," then I dare you to actually watch an episode of dubbed One Piece. Especially in these later episodes, when the writers must've noticed the show's days were numbered, and simply threw every pun and the kitchen sink wherever inappropriate.

The games wern't funny/good at all, so says X-Play's Adam Sessler.
the show it self, well namley the 4KidsTV version, just sunk!
the puns are bad, the story is butchered, and the original opening and closing were replaced by One Piece Rap versions 1 thru 3 (OP) and One Piece Rap (Instrumental, butchered for ED use)(ED)!
its like a Toruture room with that show on! somebody get the v-chip set on to: "Block TV-Y7 FV" for 30 minutes!
=====
Final words:
If you had seen this week's Spider Riders, then i will say this again, for the VA of Hunter: WE'RE NOT COUPLES YOU DING DONGS!!!!
Anyways, the rest of the anime outlook is okay, no problems, and of course, Jinjau was chosen again as the move-to-watch for the week, instead of "The Invincible Iron Man". (which is not anime at all!)

FZ out, see yas at the [as] BLEACH 24 discussion threads.

--The FZ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
AnimeMajor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Hey Brian, congratulations on your one year anniversary!! It's been awesome reading The Click every week, and I depend on it to see what's happening over here on YTV.

You do an awesome job and just so you know, you're appreciated. Very Happy

Many thanks for pulling everything together so well every week, and hey, you were missed last week. Sad

But congrats again!! You deserve it!! May we see another great year ahead!!
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Speaking of series that were ignominiously dumped into unwatchable timeslots - here's .hack, another big-name franchise that failed to ignite the imaginations and wallets of American anime fans!

Why watch a narrative about an MMO noob when you can buy WoW Guild Wars, or FFXI and be said noob yourself?

Not to mention that the franchise itself was pretty lousy.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:56 am Reply with quote
can somebody explain something to me:

Im just wondering which of these apply to Canada. I watch all my Anime on YTV, but what about Razer or G4Tech? Are they viewable here and are they speciality channels (not included in basic cable)?

More importantly, Cartoon Network. I know Teletoon, which has always has Cartoon Networks logo everywhere. Its not the same though obviously, it doesnt have all the AdultSwim lineup shows. Is Cartoon Network viewable in Canada? Id love to watch some of those, especially Trinity Blood.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:33 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Canada's only one episode ahead of us in Bleach, not two.

lol yeah, actually i love them for that fact! thanks to a friend, i get to watch the next's week's episode ahead of time! lol it's awesome!

also, i wanted to say how happy i am that i decided to read The Click again this week, sadly i didn't pay it much mind at all until about two-three months ago, so i've missed out on a lot. but nonetheless i thoroughly enjoyed this one! i laughed so hard when i read all of Brian's comments!

the one about .hack's outrageous timeslot and his lovable, "Dear sweet discombobulated deities and other such foul language!" lmao i am freakin' making taht my signature somewhere! i must imortalize it! Mr. Green really, this brightened up the end of my night. so thanks a lot! and please keep up the awesome work, dude! Anime catgrin
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:12 am Reply with quote
Congratulations for the 1st Year Anniversary
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:10 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Im just wondering which of these apply to Canada. I watch all my Anime on YTV, but what about Razer or G4Tech? Are they viewable here and are they speciality channels (not included in basic cable)?

Razer and G4TechTV Canada are Canadian digital specialty stations. You can get both of them if you subscribe to digital satellite or cable.

ikillchicken wrote:
More importantly, Cartoon Network. I know Teletoon, which has always has Cartoon Networks logo everywhere. Its not the same though obviously, it doesnt have all the AdultSwim lineup shows. Is Cartoon Network viewable in Canada? Id love to watch some of those, especially Trinity Blood.

No, you cannot get Cartoon Network in Canada. If you want to watch Trinity Blood, you'll have to seek out Razer, who has been airing the show for over six months now.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Congrats for the one year anniversary. Reading The Click is always fun for me.

LordByronius wrote:
GunXSword
(G4TechTV Canada)
-Monday March 5 8:30pm - Episode 8 "That Bond Has Its Use"
-Tuesday March 6 8:30pm - Episode 9 "Return to Carmen's Hometown"
-Wednesday March 7 8:30pm - Episode 10 "To the Ocean, Thank You"
-Thursday March 8 8:30pm - Episode 11 "Cover of Goodbye"
-Friday March 9 8:30pm - Episode 12 "The Days of No Return"

GunXSword? You know, that show with the dude that looks like Spike from Cowboy Bebop, and the girls in the skin-tight suits? It has robots in it? It's a lot less than the sum of its parts, but is perfectly enjoyable in your standardly dumb, things-go-explode sort of way? You know what I mean.

Out of curiosity, are those the official episode titles for Gun X Sword, LordByronius?
Sweetmusic_01

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Congrats on the one year anniversary. Keep up the excellent work Very Happy

Was is just me or did the title card for Trinity Blood read "The Crown of Thorns II: The Load of Oath" instead of "The Crown of Thorns II: The Road of Oath"?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I made it back in time to say Happy Birthday to the Click! Smile

Despite all the flak GSD seems to be getting, I was really looking forward to it. But at risk of ruining my beloved perception of the original, I'll try my best to avoid it... And I'm still foaming at the mouth over that Fullmetal Alchemist conclusion.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I made it back in time to say Happy Birthday to the Click! Smile

Despite all the flak GSD seems to be getting, I was really looking forward to it. But at risk of ruining my beloved perception of the original, I'll try my best to avoid it... And I'm still foaming at the mouth over that Fullmetal Alchemist conclusion.
tarrin4ever

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote
There is talk about BECK premiering on the 9th on MuchMusic, in Canada.

Vrai, of faux?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2