• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Peace Maker Kurogane Manga to Resume in December

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I was so disappointed by all the fluff after episode 4 and before the last 6 episodes of the anime.

I really wanted to try the manga, but its messy distribution here in the States kinda' made me hesitant to ever pick any of it up. Looks like I'll never get to read and own the series in its entirety.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Chrono switched publishers to Mag Garden in 2001 and resumed the story under the title Peacemaker Kurogane. ADV Manga published the first volumes of this sequel manga in 2004-2005, and ADV Films also released the television anime adaptation. After ADV Manga stopped publishing the series, Tokyopop licensed and re-released four of the six volumes in the series before the company shut down its North American publishing division in 2011. JManga had licensed Peacemaker Kurogane for digital release, but they also closed their doors earlier this year.

Holy crap, this series is cursed!! Shocked
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:02 pm Reply with quote
It's weird how the Peace Maker Kurogane anime only covered the first Peace Maker manga series.

Basically, from what I remember from picking up the first two volumes of the ADV's Kurogane release is that it's all about spoiler[how insane Suzu (I think?) gets after the whole beheaded master thing. Like he had crazy catgirls if I remember right.] It was really silly and I stopped after the first two volumes. Disappointing, because I enjoyed most parts of the anime series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1