• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Creator Aims to End Manga in 20 Volumes

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yu3lora

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote
If that will make his manga awesome, why not?! Everything has a ending. Cool And I really like those type of series instead of the ongoing one.
kotelocl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm ok with this. At least it'll not be an endless goddamn manga like the ones in Jump. And it kinda felt like that with the latest chapters and all those revelations.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote
So, the manga could end at about 80 chapters. At the pace the manga is currently being adapted into anime, it could mean 65 anime episodes. That sounds like a great plan. I hope the author of the manga sticks to the estimate and all of it is adapted into anime eventually. Very Happy
Zetabag

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote
20 volumes huh... OK, we'll hold you to that.

Hopefully he can end it when he sees fit and not get pressured to draw it out for an ungodly length.
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that he won't make it go on like some mangas that just need to end. Some seem way too long for their own good. I know it is good with sales, but sometimes it just drags the story.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote
The question is if he will end it at 20 volumes, or in 20 volumes, because that could be a huge difference! But, if its only 20 volumes long, I think that would be a good length, so that it doesn't over stay its welcome. But, its got a couple years left in it then!
Zetabag

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote

Hopefully he can end it when he sees fit and not get pressured to draw it out for an ungodly length.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Zetabag wrote:

this is a monthly manga, you will forget it soon. I don't really know what he meant either. The titles said In 20 volumes, that's a long long way to go. lol Bleach, Naruto would ended by then.

Last edited by Spotlesseden on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Well I can imagine. After all there's a finite spoiler[number of people who could turn out to be titans-in-disguise].
Chipp12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
The question is if he will end it at 20 volumes, or in 20 volumes, because that could be a huge difference! But, if its only 20 volumes long, I think that would be a good length, so that it doesn't over stay its welcome. But, its got a couple years left in it then!

You mean at least some 7 years, right?
taster of pork

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
I'm glad they're not gonna stretch the series out forever like they've done with other popular shonan series.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
Glad to see he have a set conclusion time.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:25 am Reply with quote
Sweet, I think I can fit another 20 volumes on my shelf. I was going to start collecting the series, but I was a little worried about how long it would last. But if it's not going to drag on, then i'll definitely start collecting.
dan9999

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote
Not a bad number, lets see is he actually pulls it off or gets clouded like Kubo, well with Kubo is understandable, I dont believe he has enough talent to pull off another hit after bleach.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:22 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Well I can imagine. After all there's a finite spoiler[number of people who could turn out to be titans-in-disguise].

This is true? I freaking predicted this the second spoiler[Eren transformed]

I'm still upset about hte whole genre switch this manga/anime had on me. Really would've liked it better if it was just spoiler[humans vs titans the whole time instead of Titans vs Titans. was SciFi at first with just humans using cool tech to fight Titans then switched to Fantasy when they transformed Sad ].

For that reason, I'm glad he isn't gonna run it forever. Keep at it's best and end it there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5