• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Licenses Rozen Maiden

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archangelunder7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:49 pm Reply with quote
is anyone else a little miffed that there's little to no word from geneon regarding the english cast? i mean, vol 1 is out next month, and they still haven't told us anything.

as a bit of a conversation starter, i thought i might share with yo'all my english cast wish list (yes! i do have one... dat da da daaar! Mr. Green)...

Jun - J.D. Stone (junior: R.O.D the TV)
Shinku - Jennifer Sekiguchi (midori: haibane renmei)
Suigintou - Mia Bradly(delphine: last exile)
Hinaichigo - Sandy Fox (marie: hare + guu)
Suiseiseki - Kari Wahlgren (anemonei: eureka 7)
Souseiseki - Erika Weinstein (reki: haibane renmei)
Kanaria - J-Ray (niea: niea under 7)
Barasuishou - Karen Thompson (real: ergo proxy)
Nori - Hunter MacKenzie Austin (michelle: R.O.D the TV)
Tomoe - Michelle Ruff (saga: a little snow fairy, sugar)
Laplace - Patrick Seitz (raul: ergo proxy)
Enju - Liam O'Brien (vincent: ergo proxy)
Megu - Carrie Savage (rakka: haibane renmei)

if nothing else, they have to cast Mia Bradly for sougintou, i was watching last exile the other day, and my god. maistro delphine's english voice is almost spot on with suigintou's voice.

that's mine... anyone else got some other ideas?
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote
ZaWarudo wrote:
Teehee, is that some Slow Step in your avatar? I just read the- ahem.
Twas once but now tis something else. Specifically, it was Eri from Skip! but it's now different. (Hint: Still not from a worksafe manga.) Twisted Evil

I'd wondered if anyone would be brave enough to mention it since they'd have to admit to reading Slow Step. Twisted Evil

archangelunder7 wrote:
is anyone else a little miffed that there's little to no word from geneon regarding the english cast? i mean, vol 1 is out next month, and they still haven't told us anything.
"Miffed" might be too light a word. And I'm worried too. Geneon scares me with their complete lack of communication with the fanbase. It makes me think they're hiding something terrible.

I'm hoping that they haven't gone stupid and decided to use a Singapore cast. (I keep hearing how bad the Zipang dub turned out.) They're already on my bad side with all their LE and art box screw-ups.

I have no Shana art box, no mention yet of a Rozen Maiden art box, and just to add insult to injury, ADV has screwed me out of no less than three art boxes recently. Crying or Very sad

And that's ingoring their little habit of only including pencil board extras in "specially marked DVDs." (Though at least I can sometimes find Geneon's marked discs. Viz's marked Inuysasha movie discs never appeared before my eyes.)

archangelunder7 wrote:
as a bit of a conversation starter, i thought i might share with yo'all my english cast wish list (yes! i do have one... dat da da daaar! Mr. Green) ...
That's a nice cast! Personally, I think J-Ray would make a better Suiseiseki than Kari, but otherwise that is a pretty darn good cast. If Geneon is using their New Generation group or BangZoom I think we'll definately see some of those names in it.

Geez, I thought this thread died a while back and I didn't check back. I am chagrined. Embarassed
bluesilo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I don't who is going to see this thread now that its burried, but rozen maiden does have an art box coming and its a red felt artbox saw it first hand at AB07.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:53 pm Reply with quote
archangelunder7 wrote:

if nothing else, they have to cast Mia Bradly for sougintou, i was watching last exile the other day, and my god. maistro delphine's english voice is almost spot on with suigintou's voice.

that's mine... anyone else got some other ideas?

Well, you'll be happy then, since they did cast Mia Bradly as Suigintou. CrystalAcids has some early clips up and a cast list for the Rozen Maiden dub here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7