• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Coming to Latin America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sago

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:06 am Reply with quote
Well, something I already knew, but it's good to announce.

My only fear is: will Cartoon Network L.A. make more edits to the anime? I mean, they bought an uncut version of Ranma 1/2 and added blurs to women's nipples, and they also censored Yu Yu Hakusho*. I can just wait......

*In Brazil, YYH aired first by 18:00 o'clock, with a lot of edits.Nowadays is airing at 00:30 or something, with less edits.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Gah... As if having lots of long-running anime series wasn't enough, they decide to bring Bleach. I just hope it's not very soon (as my fave series is again on air)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
seltzermx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:00 am Reply with quote
I don't think they really ruined Ranma. How many anime shows that air outside Japan actually air nudity on primetime? At least in Mexico, Ranma was aimed at young teenagers or even younger, as it aired in the 8.30 pm timeslot, right after dragonball z. Therefore I think its appropriate that they cover up the nudity. It really wasn't essential to the plot, so it doesn't matter.
Sago

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote
seltzermx wrote:
I don't think they really ruined Ranma. How many anime shows that air outside Japan actually air nudity on primetime? At least in Mexico, Ranma was aimed at young teenagers or even younger, as it aired in the 8.30 pm timeslot, right after dragonball z. Therefore I think its appropriate that they cover up the nudity. It really wasn't essential to the plot, so it doesn't matter.

Yeah, but, Ranma aired in Brazil by 1:30 A.M. or something. It's SURE late. But you're right that the blurs didn't take away the series plot or jokes ^^
(Curiosity: Ranma 1/2 aired yesterday at PlayTV channel. Unedited ._. At 23:00.... weird.....)
sailornyanko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote
seltzermx wrote:

I don't know what part of Mexico you're from, but in Mexico City CN LA shows it at 2 am in the morning. I think 5 years olds whom the lame censorship is aimed at aren't awake at that hour. Some of these late episodes of the series currently airing are far less censored though. I've gotten to see some "nips".

I'm 100% against censorship. Can't handle the content of a particular anime? Don't waste money buying the rights to it.

Besides, we already saw the whole series uncut on mexican national tv years ago and the show was airing at 2 pm in the afternoon so that all the 7 years olds could see it. If you don't like the censorship like I do and want to see it for real, buy the old bootlegs, they are very cheap.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1