• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-action Slam Dunk movie in production

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quote
ANS and KFCC linked some pics. Enjoy. Enjoy.

I'm surprised dormcat and Justin didn't comment, since they were the most vocal last time.
Proman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:20 pm Reply with quote
The most expansive Taiwanese movie? It's a friggin' basketball movie Laughing !

Last edited by Proman on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animedude35

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Proman wrote:
The most expansive Taiwanese movie? It's a friggin' baseball movie Laughing !

You mean Basketball movie Wink
minakichan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow. The only question I have is why it took so long.

I'm looking forward! Wonder who Jay Chou's playing. If it's going to be such a big budget movie for a story that really requires no special effects or anything, then I'll expect really high quality for everything else.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Jay Chou's acting is pretty "gay" in both initial d and curse of the golden dragon. Not sure how Slam Dunk would turn out, but considering that he isn't even close to 6 feet, it's gonna look ridiculous.
tinlunlau

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
i dont' think this movie is going to be directly based on "Slam Dunk".
but the film makers have said it's "inspired" by "Slam Dunk".

speaking of which, Emporer Motion Pictures has bought the Hong Kong rights to the movie so chances are, i will personally be working on the dvd release of this movie. i work for Joy Sales (www.joysales.com.hk) and we've been releasing most of EMP's films exclusively for Hong Kong and Macau region. i'm the guy who gets to make sure the special features are subtitled in English so their dvd's are english-friendly for non-chinese speaking viewers.

no word on "Slam Dunk" yet. i could be wrong about the dvd like i was wrong about "Twins Mission" (word on the street is Sundream Pictures will release it to DVD by themselves.) but this is under assumption since their movies have been dealt by us over the last 3 years.

no word on "Rush Hour 3" either. this could be the reason why i might not have another Jackie Chan project for this year. (i've previously worked on translating the commentary track for "The Myth" and the recent "Rob-B-Hood".)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:01 am Reply with quote
My bad. Updated from ANS: In a March 11th, 2007 entry at his studio's official website, Slam Dunk creator Takehiko Inoue denied reports that circulated last week regarding a feature film being made in Taiwan. His quote "Making into a film has not been permitted" shoots down a March 7th report from well respected American entertainment paper Variety. ANS reported the news on the 8th and has changed the item to HOAX status accordingly. The story's true origins seem to lie in a Chinese source and the wording of the actual article appears to based on a Capatain Tsubasa press release from years back.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quote
Yet another update from ANS and Jet Li's blog claims the film is in production. Kadokawa's playin' with fire, if this is true.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1